Join me on my Classroom Hatch-A-Long, support and advice appreciated!

Yes it does. So I should test it out at school on the table where it will be when hatching.
I would put a towel under your incubator, to retain heat. It would help if it covered an area of the table where you will be candling. That way if one slips out of little fingers it falls right onto the fluffy towel. ;)

Practice with measured amount of water to see what it does to the humidity level.

Open and close the incubator quickly, like you were grabbing an egg to candle it and pay attention to what happens.

These two things may not be the same as when you get the incubator to the school but you'll have a better idea of what happens.

Sorry... I'm just mentioning things as I think of them.
Don’t be sorry! I appreciate all the help I can get! I didn’t want to wait til the last minute and have 500 people tell me what I should’ve done before setting! 😂
I reread the first post again.

This time I actually noticed it will be your first time hatching.

I actually think you should go ahead and run the incubator at home for a week so you can get to know it.
Ok so back to the original plan to bring instruments home and try them out!
Practice with measured amount of water to see what it does to the humidity level.

Open and close the incubator quickly, like you were grabbing an egg to candle it and pay attention to what happens.

These two things may not be the same as when you get the incubator to the school but you'll have a better idea of what happens.
This makes complete sense. I can always try it at home this week and the first week in April at school before we are off for break.

@MGG @CluckNDoodle will a NR360 malfunction if you don't add water to your running incubator, without eggs in it?
Like Andrea said, you can run it just fine without water. I wouldn't recommend doing a dry hatch in it, but a test run is ok.
Though to do a test run you usually want to mimick the settings you'll have it on during the incubation period, so it's good to test it with water in it.

Like Andrea said, you can run it just fine without water. I wouldn't recommend doing a dry hatch in it, but a test run is ok.
Though to do a test run you usually want to mimick the settings you'll have it on during the incubation period, so it's good to test it with water in it.
Thank you both!

Back
Top Bottom