Join me on my Classroom Hatch-A-Long, support and advice appreciated!

So I brought everything home tonight, and started the 360 up for the first time. Temp is perfect on it at 99.5 and it matches my correct thermometer. My other thermometer is 2 degrees off. The bator is 1 percent higher in humidity than the correct instrument.

Picking up my eggs next Monday and will set the following day at school! So excited for this!

I decided to get 18 eggs, and I think I’ll assign one per student. Any that we have to toss will become pairs with a friend whose egg is still going. At the end I’ll let the kids name their chick! (Temporarily of course).

I told them about the project last week, and we started researching the parts of an egg, the temperature and humidity required to incubate, how long it takes, and supplies needed to care for baby chicks! They are so so excited and have the hatch date memorized even though the eggs haven’t been set yet!

Stay tuned, next week it’s going to get fun really quick! ❤️

Last edited:
One quick question…I am picking up the eggs on Monday and will start the incubator Monday as well. I would assume they are collecting the eggs for me within 3 days of my pickup and they store them at room temp. (I’ll ask when I get there). Should I store them pointy side up until I set them on Tue afternoon? Do I need to candle any before I set them? And I would assume I have to reset the NR360 right before I set the eggs so it isn’t a day ahead. Anything else I’m forgetting? I can’t wait!

One quick question…I am picking up the eggs on Monday and will start the incubator Monday as well. I would assume they are collecting the eggs for me within 3 days of my pickup and they store them at room temp. (I’ll ask when I get there). Should I store them pointy side up until I set them on Tue afternoon? Do I need to candle any before I set them? And I would assume I have to reset the NR360 right before I set the eggs so it isn’t a day ahead. Anything else I’m forgetting? I can’t wait!
Pointy side down, fat side up. You can candle just to look for cracks in the eggs. If there are cracks, cover them with finger nail polish or liquid bandage before you put them in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom