Join me on my Classroom Hatch-A-Long, support and advice appreciated!

Pics
View attachment 3072803

Tested out a quick candle on the white egg. I think it’s dark enough with the shades drawn to candle next to the incubator instead of moving to the closet!

My pic looks like the one in the candling info article at 52 hours (mine have been in for 50 hours right now. 😊. I really hope there is veining in one of them to show the kids tomorrow afternoon! 70 hours should be long enough, right?
I have heard there "may" be at 3 days and should be by 5-7 days. so hopefully some will have some tomorrow! Wow think we put ours in almost the same time! Think mine have been in for 49 hrs?

I’m a little concerned. The temp today was a degree lower at the bottom of the incubator (laying on the tray) then at the top where the sensor is. Humidity is also a few % higher by the bottom where the reservoir is. Should I change anything on the incubator? Is there that much difference at the bottom by the tray? NR360

What happened while I was gone?
Kids all picked an egg to watch & keep track of yesterday. Today was day 2 so just a day of waiting. I showed them pics of the flock that the eggs came from! Tomorrow I am hoping to be able to see veining (72 hours right around our lunch time). Fingers crossed, they reeealy are hoping we can make something out!

I candles a few of the lightest eggs this morning and did not see any veining. Just a dark spot rolling around when I slowly turned the egg while candling. Is this normal? It is about the 68 hour mark.

I candles a few of the lightest eggs this morning and did not see any veining. Just a dark spot rolling around when I slowly turned the egg while candling. Is this normal? It is about the 68 hour mark.
I don't see much in incubated eggs until day 4 and don't really candle before day 7, so I don't get discouraged.

Back
Top Bottom