Join me on my Classroom Hatch-A-Long, support and advice appreciated!

1652356388924.jpeg

1652356411545.jpeg

1652356455954.jpeg

Final count 10! 3 DIS. Was going to assist if they were hanging on after school today but it looked like they had already passed on.

Today was naming day! My favorite name: Autumn. Funniest name: Grandpa Pete. 😂

I had perfect attendance and took a pic of each student holding a chick. Kids were super gentle and none of the chicks seemed stressed for the minute or two they were out. A very friendly group of chicks! Not as skiddish as others I’ve raised, maybe because we are “moms & dads” since hatch. Will print out the pics at a drug store & frame them for them when we send them off to their new home. ❤️

Final count 10! 3 DIS. Was going to assist if they were hanging on after school today but it looked like they had already passed on.

Today was naming day! My favorite name: Autumn. Funniest name: Grandpa Pete. 😂

I had perfect attendance and took a pic of each student holding a chick. Kids were super gentle and none of the chicks seemed stressed for the minute or two they were out. A very friendly group of chicks! Not as skiddish as others I’ve raised, maybe because we are “moms & dads” since hatch. Will print out the pics at a drug store & frame them for them when we send them off to their new home. ❤️
Darn, I missed the whole hatch! The chicks are adorable though!

So the babies are going to their new homes on Tuesday. ❤️ This was an amazing experience for the kids & myself! Thank you all for following along with my class and for all the help and encouragement!

When I originally told my own son about my class hatch, I promised him we could set some eggs at home to hatch when this years chick order is also expected to arrive (might as well continue educating kids, including my own!). If you would like to join us on that hatch-a-long, please follow us at the new link!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/colored-egg-june-adopt-an-egg-hatch-along.1527253/

Last edited:
Six of our little friends are going to their new home this evening (Tuesday didn’t work for drop off). The other 4 will come to school with me one last time tomorrow and then to their new homes. ❤️ My new eggs ship Tuesday! Hopefully I can be just as successful teaching DS about incubation!

Back
Top Bottom