Joining 4-H Poultry Division

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Tomorrow is my first ever meeting. So excited, I can't wait to show! I'll be in Intermediate this year, but soon I'll go into the Advanced group. (It's based on age. Intermediate is 12-13 and Advanced is 14 and up.)

How were your or your kids' experiences with 4-H?

DD (8) is a bit bummed with 4H right now as we dont have a poultry division. Our poultry is mixed in with Livestock Club. So, she feels sort of lost in the shuffle.

Am thinking about starting a poultry division
smile.png

I think I'm out of my mind... lol

My kids absolutely loved it and are looking forward to starting back up in the next few weeks! Have fun! 4H is an awesome experience!!!!

Cool Kooshie! What level are you going to be in? And is that chicken blog yours? If so, it's very neat! Come check mine out: ohorsefeathers.blogspot.com

Camelot, you totally should, you'd be great at that. Then you can get even MORE poultry
wink.png
(Just doing my job as an enabler
big_smile.png
)

momto5rascals2angels, oh good! I'm glad your kids liked it. I won't be entering in our fair this year, but next year I hope to do really well!

I love 4-h i am the president of my club. I have been in it for almost 9 years. 4-h is awesome you meet so many good people. I show horses(gymkhana) and just started showing my team of working steers at the fairs here in nh.

I'm in 4-H and FFA and love it! I'm showing the Steer and the max of 6 chickens this year! Its gonna be challenging but really fun! I'm glad you joined

My kids started 2 years ago. My son is now in intermediate in middle school and joining FFA. My DD is still a Jr. They love it. We recently added rabbits to our project list this year, but our favorite by far is chickens!

Hey, if you ever have questions about showing poultry, PM me! I'm the Oregon State Champion Intermediate showperson! Kinda....I came in third in one show, but I consistently place higher than the two people that beat me once, so....do the math.
I also show Dairy Goats (County Grand Champion) and Market Lambs. Oh, and a rabbit, but I didn't get to show him this year, because it was 107 at Fair, and my bunny is an Angora, and he was in full fleece....poor boy.
Anyway, Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom