Joining The Guessing Game on Pullet or Roo? Give me your input!

Suzy P

Chirping
Mar 10, 2021
Pullet or Roo on #1 being the chick on the top pic & #2 being the second pic?
I'm purchasing these from a sweet lady. They are silkie mix chicks. She has to check on the date to be able to give me the correct age. And She thinks these are both pullets. I can't have any Roos due to my neighborhood.
I added a third picture of three hatched from the same eggs from the Silkies Mixed. Seller said the white with long neck is a roo and the other two are pullets. I thought I had better share the pic of all three.
Silkie Mix 1.jpg
Silkie Mix 2.jpg
1107D89E-3538-4D10-81B2-F036160C0B4B.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess, I'm gonna have to cross my fingers and toes and say a prayer that they are pullets!
They will be a week older than this picture when I pick them up.
I'm pretty sure silkies need to be a few months old before you can tell the gender. They don't even sell them sexed from hatcheries. I would just make sure you have something lined up if 1 or both end up being males

I'm pretty sure silkies need to be a few months old before you can tell the gender. They don't even sell them sexed from hatcheries. I would just make sure you have something lined up if 1 or both end up being males
I will have to give them to a friend of mine if any or both are roos.

As these are silkie mixes you will be able to tell a bit earlier if they are male or female. I think they’re too young to tell but if I had to guess the first one looks like a cockerel, red patches over the wings, but could just be the lighting in the photo and the second one looks like a pullet. But again they are too young to be sure.😊

They're too young to tell. Silkies take quite a bit of time before you can tell the gender.
Thank you
As these are silkie mixes you will be able to tell a bit earlier if they are male or female. I think they’re too young to tell but if I had to guess the first one looks like a cockerel, red patches over the wings, but could just be the lighting in the photo and the second one looks like a pullet. But again they are too young to be sure.😊
Thank you

I do think I have a roo in the mix, but that's ok. I will post him for a new home. My friend said he has Mr. Red at his house and only needs the one roo. Here is a pic of mine that I keep waiting for his crow to make sure, the one with the white head is the one we are thinking is a roo. Pic of them now at 7 weeks old.

Attachments

• roo1.jpg
    roo1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • roo2.jpg
    roo2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Just posted the Silkie Mix Cockerel for a new home. Private message me if your interested. He is already starting to crow!
Sharpsburg, GA

roo2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom