1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

joining the hatch a long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Cathy from Kans, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Cathy from Kans

Cathy from Kans New Egg

Apr 2, 2014
    Hi there. I'm slow to join via computer but my eggs were set on March 14,. I eagerly await little chirps. I set 12 mixed barnyard eggs. I got on E-bay. I also set 8 guinea eggs. I know they wont hatch until after easter.
    I have tried to incubate eggs for three years. Not much success. If it could happen, it did. I bought an incubator on line that is forced air, automatic egg turner heat and, humidity control. Pretty fancy. .After eggs were in it for 5-7 days it stopped working. Lost all my eggs. And then began an ineffective dialog with china. Short story, I took the incubator to a local repair shop and paid to have it fixed.
    The next year I pulled out the incubator and set 12 eggs only to realize after about a week that the egg turner wasnt plugged in. The repair shop had disconected it. Only 1 chic hatched. He turned out to be a rooster. I had to send him to the farm when he started cookadoodling. I live in a city.
    So I try again. So far so good. I'm afraid to candle them, because I seem to always have such bad luck. I don't want to do anything I will worry about later.
    I'm happy to join in the hatch along.
    Cathy from Kansas

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by