Judge my White Silkie rooster

Nice bird. And a good lesson that too many folks get rid of silkies way too soon. (I don't mean selling chicks) The difference in him as a youngster and then as an adult is striking. You really need to keep them till 6-8 months to see how they are going to fill out.

Quote:
My Silkies came from Bobbi too, and my eggs were not fertile until I trimmed the hen's and rooster's fluff. After they molt fertility goes away again until I trim again.

I was thinking of trimming there fluff. I also need to put the sand over the gravel in there run so the hens have better grip when they mount. Maybe it is my hatching skills. So far I have 19 white babies. So I am getting nice babies. All of them are very nice know matter what age they are., they are slow to lay eggs. They are such doll babies and so so sweet. They will be very hard for me to let go. The two roosters sleep back to back with the girls all around. They are just the coolest things.
I was hoping someone would be a little harder on Doc's type so I could learn a little more. I am going to the show this weekend and look at the whites very hard. I'm also going to take my pictures of him to Jack and see if he could help. I would like to take him to the show and that scare the BG's out of me. Not going to happen. Racuda, do you have any Hokey Pokey line? I would like to see them.
Thank you everyone for looking.

Ohh, he's from Hokey Pokey! He's just beautiful.
droolin.gif

I'm hopefully getting a nice roo to compliment the pullet I got from eggs of Hokey pokey from Bobbi.
So, I guess I have one of his sisters!

This was taken 2 months ago and she has filled out a little more. Right now she is filthy from playing in the mud today.

Good luck wth him at the show.

Brenda

48259_sunshine052510.jpg

Joe17, this on was taken 6/6/10
26449_dsc02687.jpg

Comb black as can be.
Barbapa, I do have only one sister, but I don't think it is the same mother because her middle toe has light feathers in the middle toe. This one looks like a true sister, look at that chest. She does have 3 hens with him or did last year. When he thinks there is a predator he growls like a dog, also very smart.
Racuda, I'm not so sure, Doc was very slow to mature give him 4 more months. You might kick your self if you don't, for real.

Back
Top Bottom