Judge Willaim Adams

Quote:
did you really just make that joke?

Just following your lead...Is it nurture or nature?

Royd this is so true ,My grandfather was alot harder on his boys....razer strap......my father was belt, mother was the switch...i rarely spank my boys. Grandfather idea was spare the rod spoil the child. my sons don't spank at all.

If the law holds the parents accountable for the childs actions then the parent has the right to discipline the child as they see fit, otherwise do not hold the parent responsible. Sixteen does seem a bit old and what she "says" she did to get the whoopin' may all be spin. My guess is her mouth contributed to the severity of the punishment.

Quote:
That's what I thought too.
hmm.png

If you are an advocate of spanking as I am, there is way to do it, and it should be done when you are not mad. The spanking paddle always hung in the kitchen and when my son misbehaved enough to warrant a spanking, he got 15 minutes to think about it and 1-3 swats with the paddle and then we had a conversation about how things could have been handled differently.

That man beat that girl. Why she hung on to that tape for 7 years until she almost had another violent event with him is beyond me.

I have not seen the video, nor do I want to... Just from the words alone, this is so obviously a violent and abusive individual.

As a teenager... we spent some time in an abuse shelter. They cover there what the earmarks of abuse truly are, as so many gals want to deny it to themselves. Just reading the comments from that weak boy (the judge)... the attempts at manipulation... everyone else was wrong but him... everything he said sounds like an abuser. If you happen to be a individual who agrees with the fellow... please seek help! (mild spanking for a young child are no where near this... spank a girl that old, what a sicko!)

Just to point out some parts of this, TY Kristy...

Quote:

Trying to keep it family friendly... trying again...

It is because at 16, or heck even 12... it is inappropriate for a female to be so dealt with by a male.

IF it were the mother alone beating her, there would still be upset over the issue of the severity... but less to do with the female part
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
So does that mean it would be okay by you if he locked her in the basement for years? Or burned her with cigarettes? Or starved her? There are limits to everything, and as others on here have noted, what this man did goes way beyond discipline or a simple "spanking," no matter WHAT she did or said! I personally don't spank my kids, but I have known kids who were, shall we say, far more challenging to their parents than mine, so I can understand that at times those parents might feel it appropriate to use corporal punishment ... within reasonable limits. And parents should NEVER spank when they are angry enough to lose control! Beyond the obvious psychological impact of a child being so brutalized by someone who "loves" him/her, beating with a belt has the potential to leave lasting scars or worse. A blow to the eye is just one possibility. No parent should be willing to risk permanently injuring his/her child over a disciplinary issue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom