July 13, 2011 Hatch Day! STARTED!!!!

Quote:
The old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" has somehow taken on a new meaning
hmm.png

Last edited:
I know! I get watching everybody else and get nervous, I didn't even have a reason too but I bought another thermometer today to just be on the safe side!
lol.png

Then my husband decides to inform me that he is buying me 25 pheasants that are only a couple days old....WHAT NOW? haha I don't know anything about gamebirds, so cmom, should he do this, what do I feed them? Can I feed them the medicated chick starter or do I find a gamebird starter, or.....

What's quintinp sorry for?

Quote:
Me too! Except ill be expecting peachicks!! Then once they hatch ill be placing in 50-60 coturnix quail eggs
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

I'll be putting in 18 silkie eggs tomorrow with the 12 turkeys, 8 ducks 1 peacock...and a partridge in a pear tree
wee.gif

All will be due to hatch 07/17...than I will HAVE to put the incubator up!! I will, I tell you, I will!!!

All will be due to hatch 07/17...than I will HAVE to put the incubator up!! I will, I tell you, I will!!!

That's funny. My DH wants me to buy one and I am scared too cause I know I will go WAY overboard! So I just borrowed one for now and promised myself that was all for the year and maybe Santa will bring the kids and I an incubator for Christmas...
jumpy.gif

Quote:
feed them either chick starter 24% protien (you can find it at TSC) or gamebird starter. pretty much anything with 24%-26% protien is what you need. phesants (depending on the breed) might fly away, so they probably wont be able to free range, unless you are okay with letting them go.

HI Christie Rhae! All those eggs looked good once you had them shipped that far? I had 30 shipped about 1000kms and 3 of my turkey eggs had to be tossed but everything else looks good, that's the gamble...

I have a handful of kids myself, a million and one animals and live no where Hawaii! haha. Hope to one day get to visit here however! Ahhhh, a holiday....
big_smile.png

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom