July 1st hatching ..DAY 23 for a few of us!

5 of my 9 Blue OEGB are pipped! They weren't due to the 30th, but I have been having hatches 2 and 3 days early. I have calibrated temps with medical thermometers and everything has been correct, so I just go with the early hatches. I also have quail eggs rocking!

jumpy.gif
D.gif

woot.gif
YEAH!!!!!!!! LOCKDOWN DAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and nervous!! Locking down this evening!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Can't wait for my first fuzzy butts!!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Casey40 yes, you need to pull your plugs & get your humidity up.
WHOO-HOOO!! Lockdown day!!!
Frantic here as for some odd reason tempts spiked to 102 so playing w/controls while gradually getting humidity up. Eggs are out of the turner & on their sides. I usually do carton hatch but have too many this time (25).

Sending good hatching vibes to all!!!
fl.gif
This part NEVER gets old or boring!!

Quote:
you sure??? i was told a few times if you pull all of your plugs then good luck with the humidity staying there. And since we are NOT suppose to open the bator...adding water to the bator to keep the humidity up will become quite hard and more frequent. It may be different for still air tho, i added a fan kit to my LG so air circulation shouldn't be a problem for me. My plugs are both in with a constant 66% humidity at 99 F.

You are supposed to remove at least one of the plugs to increase your ventilation in the incubator. You will need to add water to get your humidity up. I use sponges filled with water to increase the humidity. I remove 1 plug and remove the other one as needed to control the change in humidity as needed.

Quote:
exactly...but for myself....the humidity is seeming to stay put. Guess im just lucky

Ventilation at hatch is just as important as humidity. The hatching chicks need the extra oxygen available with the increased ventilation, for a healthy hatch. Some people at high elevation find getting enough ventilation, because of the thinner air (I live at 5,300'), as big a concern as the humidity.

Quote:
exactly...but for myself....the humidity is seeming to stay put. Guess im just lucky

Ventilation at hatch is just as important as humidity. The hatching chicks need the extra oxygen available with the increased ventilation, for a healthy hatch. Some people at high elevation find getting enough ventilation, because of the thinner air (I live at 5,300'), as big a concern as the humidity.

well i would imagine that most of us do not live as high up as yourself. My fan kit keeps air circulating quite nicely

Back
Top Bottom