July 2021 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I set shipped eggs last night. Heritage Rhode Island Reds from show stock. they arrived super fast, in 2 days from shipping all the way from Massachusetts. Of course my post office had to screw up. Not only do they ignore large instructions like hold for pickup, but they crushed the box. I know it was them as the eggs had just started to leak out and the yolks of the broken ones were still runny. Which means I will be renting a post office box where I used to live, which is actually closer to me than the new post office.

I set shipped eggs last night. Heritage Rhode Island Reds from show stock. they arrived super fast, in 2 days from shipping all the way from Massachusetts. Of course my post office had to screw up. Not only do they ignore large instructions like hold for pickup, but they crushed the box. I know it was them as the eggs had just started to leak out and the yolks of the broken ones were still runny. Which means I will be renting a post office box where I used to live, which is actually closer to me than the new post office.
Oh no! Can the seller replace them? It's not the seller's fault, but that's still disappointing.

If it's closer and they take better care of your packages, that sounds like the better option. I keep a post office box in the town that I drive through most often, since mail doesn't get delivered to the house.

Oh no! Can the seller replace them? It's not the seller's fault, but that's still disappointing.

If it's closer and they take better care of your packages, that sounds like the better option. I keep a post office box in the town that I drive through most often, since mail doesn't get delivered to the house.
They sent 5 extra eggs of a differing breed. Red Sussex and what he is calling Blue Tailed Rhode Island Red. Which might be Rhode Island Blue's actually. we won't know until hatch.

Air cells were so tiny on these eggs meaning they were super fresh. We'll see at day 10 how they are doing, hopefully at least half of them develop and hatch.

They sent 5 extra eggs of a differing breed. Red Sussex and what he is calling Blue Tailed Rhode Island Red. Which might be Rhode Island Blue's actually. we won't know until hatch.

Air cells were so tiny on these eggs meaning they were super fresh. We'll see at day 10 how they are doing, hopefully at least half of them develop and hatch.
Nice! I'd like to see a blue tailed red chicken. That would be interesting. My eggs are from cuckoo colored Leghorns that I got from a show judge/breeder, but he was not happy with their coloring. Guess it wasn't prefect. But maybe they will produce better than themselves, who knows? And if they don't, I'll still have girls who lay lots of eggs, which is what I'm looking for in chickens.

Back
Top Bottom