July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
1.PNG

I gave these to a broody hen but didn't trust her so they are in the incubator. they are store eggs on day 8.

Does not turning eggs for 2 days hurt them? I’m hand turning my polish eggs to be more gentle, and I was out of the house yesterday and half the day before that. They didn’t get turned, and have 5 days left to hatch. Usually i stop at lockdown, but they aren’t there yet.

I now have a broody chocolate orpington hen. She and another hen are serial brooders, but usually quit brooding after a few days. The other hen quit after spending a night on the nest, but my chocolate orpington hen has been sitting for a better part of this week, so I’m letting her hatch, and I’m going to shove bantam eggs under her tonight.

Does not turning eggs for 2 days hurt them? I’m hand turning my polish eggs to be more gentle, and I was out of the house yesterday and half the day before that. They didn’t get turned, and have 5 days left to hatch. Usually i stop at lockdown, but they aren’t there yet.

I now have a broody chocolate orpington hen. She and another hen are serial brooders, but usually quit brooding after a few days. The other hen quit after spending a night on the nest, but my chocolate orpington hen has been sitting for a better part of this week, so I’m letting her hatch, and I’m going to shove bantam eggs under her tonight.
Should be fine. At that age, the chick is formed enough that not turning doesn't matter as much.

I have my eggs sitting vertically in a Nurtureright 360 being held up with egg cartons, so that I could closer monitor and handle this hatch because it was flooded with aircell issues. I either hand turned the eggs or they didn’t get turned at all.
I was thinking of this, my thing is I am away from Fri night till Sun afternoon. I am setting eggs on Thurs so read the first few days is a critical time to turn them. I have other eggs that will be on day 7-9 at that time so could have moved those in with the ones close to lockdown, will remove turner on Fri but wait to bump humidity till Sun, which is day 19...

I have my eggs sitting vertically in a Nurtureright 360 being held up with egg cartons, so that I could closer monitor and handle this hatch because it was flooded with aircell issues. I either hand turned the eggs or they didn’t get turned at all.
I’ve hatched 40+ times with no turners at all..

Back
Top Bottom