July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics

OzarkCountryGirl

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Ozark Highlands
Set a dozen shipped Narragansett turkey eggs due to hatch on the 4th of July - Independence Day. These were packed excellently so I'm hoping to get a decent hatch.

Attachments

• 20230607_093328.jpg
    20230607_093328.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 784
Looks like there may be more hatching on the farm in July. Two of my hens have decided to go broody at the same time, and on the same nest! They hiss at me whenever I go near that corner of the barn, so I'm going to let them alone to do their thing. At least they chose the safety of the barn and not outside somewhere.

Attachments

• 20230609_163146.jpg
    20230609_163146.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 15
Looks like there may be more hatching on the farm in July. Two of my hens have decided to go broody at the same time, and on the same nest! They hiss at me whenever I go near that corner of the barn, so I'm going to let them alone to do their thing. At least they chose the safety of the barn and not outside somewhere.
I’m getting all of the hisses! :lau #guineas

This will be my first ever hatch-a-long!

I have silkie eggs shipping today and will set them later this week. First time ever incubating, so I’m excited but nervous!

And one of my silkie hens decided to go SUPER broody (also the first time ever) so I put some of my eggs under her…but I’m not entirely convinced they’ll hatch. So I may need to slip her some of the incubated babies when the time comes.

Going to be an exciting time at our place!

Ok looks like I will be hatching again for the 4th month in a row. I have never hatched so much before 😂 One of my bantam Cochins went broody and I decided to let her hatch. I moved her to a cage in the shed with a cat litter box for her to sit in, and she seems to be staying broody so I will give her a few eggs from my flock in a few days. I have had a bit of trouble with rats this year so hopefully her eggs will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom