July 28th hatch date anyone else ?

Hi from Ga. I have 80 Black Bantam Orpington and Buff Bantam Orpington eggs due to hatch from the 1st to the 5th. Then 12 Beltsville Turkey eggs due to hatch on the 6th. Its going to be interesting.
tongue.png

chickens? not yet :

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you this is my first chicken ever, if it was me I would put it back under her and hope for the best! I have an egg that is moving but hasn't pepped, I'm try'n to hold back and not help it, but I sure am wanting to!! Hope the little one makes it!! Hope all of ours make it!!

Ya I put all five eggs back under broody she seems very happy and I think the chick will be fine I see its beak and it is chirping
jumpy.gif
I hope it hatches soon
fl.gif
Good luck to you too
fl.gif

That's great!!! I now have 2 chicks one white one black and 2 more have peeped!! all silkies I'm going nuts with happiness, I didn't think I was going to have any well maybe one so these others are iceing on the cake!! I was worried I was going to have to buy a chick so the one didn't have to be by itself, and it wasn't going to be a silkie, so I'm happy!!
Let me hear when yours hatch!! I can't get logged on to photo bucket or I would post pictures.

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you this is my first chicken ever, if it was me I would put it back under her and hope for the best! I have an egg that is moving but hasn't pepped, I'm try'n to hold back and not help it, but I sure am wanting to!! Hope the little one makes it!! Hope all of ours make it!!

Ya I put all five eggs back under broody she seems very happy and I think the chick will be fine I see its beak and it is chirping
jumpy.gif
I hope it hatches soon
fl.gif
Good luck to you too
fl.gif

I have 5 baby chicks! I have 5 baby chicks!! I couldn't be happier!!! I had to help one out of the shell, I didn't want to, he was dry'n up I don't know why cause I was keeping the H. in the 80's he had poked a hole and the egg skin was dry around him, he had been opened for over 12 hours. Does anyone know, is that what was happening(dry'n out) or is that the way they do ? The others hatched so fast I didn't even look for dried out skin. I don't know if he'll make it or not, but he seems to be doing good so far. fingers crossed!!
Anyway I am so happy with this many hatching!! I should change my name now!! chicks? I have 5!! lol:weee

chickens? not yet :

Chicken from the hood
How are you making it??
fl.gif

Mine are hatching
jumpy.gif
3 so far and 2 more to go
fl.gif
Good job hatching out all five of you chicks
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif

I set 42, 4 were infertile, 1 quit. As of this morning 33 have hatched. The 4 eggs left have not peeped. I love baby chicks! There are buffs, RIs and BR's. They are so cute, but 33 is a lot. I have them in the house, but it is plenty warm enough outside without heat during the day. Does anyone move babies that little outside? I have a nice shed that is secure, but worried about over night temps. It has been 90's during the day, 70 in the am. Do you use a heat lamp at night?

Back
Top Bottom