July 29th Hatch along..anyone due for a hatch around then?

These little stinks are going to wait until tonight, and a couple until tomorrow..that's ok, tomorrow is the due date. I know I will hear the little ones in the middle of the night doing their desperate...where are you mom screaming...and I'll jump right up..well, probably won't jump up, but will go in and talk to them. They get settled down after a bit, and their little heads fall to the floor, and they are out. Why can't I fall asleep that fast?
tongue.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
What breed are these that are hatching?

~ Aspen

Polish
wink.png

1/2 Tolbunt, 1/2 Gold Lace...... they look like they are taking after the GL in color so far- will be interesting to see them feathered out. 1st cross to Tolbunt tends to not look to much like a Tolbunt. Random white dots- but they carry the gene and will throw Tolbunts when bred to them. My pure batch came from one line and this hatch is from another line of Tolbunt (somewhat related- yet some new blood) & a line of GL we don't have.
I'll have to add some more pure Tolbunts soon...... not sure 5 is gonna be enough
hu.gif
for my plans.

4th one crawling out....​

Well I had 9 French Black Copper Marans under my broody bantam Cochin but only 2 have hatched and it's not looking good for the others at this point. BUT, the ones that are here are adorable!

82974_img_1783.jpg

Quote:
Oh my goodness! What an adorable picture! Hurry and go post it and enter it for the calendar this year. I do believe they are still taking photos...not kidding, this is so a calendar picture!

I have 11 misc Guinea eggs. One little guy hatched today (August 4) but they are not due until the 6th. This is my first hatch, so I am excited. Four of the other eggs are beginning to show small cracks in them! Exciting times! This litte guy is so cute, but am anxious for more! Also, a friend is giving me about 2 dozen GLW eggs. I love those birds, and hope they do well! Good luck to all who are waiting anxiously for their hatches!

Quote:
Oh my goodness! What an adorable picture! Hurry and go post it and enter it for the calendar this year. I do believe they are still taking photos...not kidding, this is so a calendar picture!

Thank you so much for the compliment! I just submitted it
smile.png

Quote:
Welcome Kansas...I was born in Kansas City MO.
smile.png

And...
welcome-byc.gif

Not surprised that you had one hatch that early, they are pretty small aren't they? I really the Wyondottes...I have a pullet that is BRL..going to be pretty.

Last edited:
Henrietta is definitely my favorite chicken! Here I have 50+ chickens, but she always runs out in front of me and squats down, wanting to be picked up. Then, she makes this satisfied little noise in my arms. Nothing like it!

When this guy that gave me these eggs said barnyard mix, he wasn't kidding. I have 5 that made it out of 6. 3 out of those 5 have 5 toes. Two, have feathered feet..on the side like a maran..one has some feathering. The little buff colored one with lots of feathering and the 5 toes is just adorable. Real fluffy. Wondering if that Silkie came out in it more than the others.
I had a blue/green egg, a black baby came from it..normal toes...but has a white dot on the top of it's head like a barred rock!
I have a couple that look like EE's that came from eggs that are quite dark, and since I'm seeing feathing on a couple, have to wonder if they are maran...but one of them from one of the dark eggs...has green legs! And 5 toes.
gig.gif

What a bunch of cute little mutskys.
ya.gif

I took 10 to a friend that is hatching the rest. He has 6 so far, and has also reported 5 toes on one. Will have to see what all he got.
Will try and post some pictures.
love.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

Tomorrow.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom