July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.2%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 60 34.9%

• Total voters
Pics
We have the one Cinnamon teal in the coop sitting 5 eggs plus one Green wing teal egg I found in the aviary. A couple days ago I found a nest in the aviary that our other Cinnamon had a second clutch of 4 eggs I also added 2 Green wing eggs that were laying around. I'm not sure how many she has now because I leave her alone.

We have the one Cinnamon teal in the coop sitting 5 eggs plus one Green wing teal egg I found in the aviary. A couple days ago I found a nest in the aviary that our other Cinnamon had a second clutch of 4 eggs I also added 2 Green wing eggs that were laying around. I'm not sure how many she has now because I leave her alone.
Thank you for that video. I really enjoyed it!

So my silky egg order from eBay got canceled yesterday. The lady messaged me and said because of all the broodies she only had 8 eggs and wasn’t sure how fertile they were. So she refunded my money. I felt bad for her but now I don’t have my pretty silky eggs to look forward to and this experience has made me really not want to use eBay again. I think I’m going to check in my state thread to see if Anyone has silky eggs available. The shorter they have to ship the better I guess.

I set my (shipped) eggs in the bator this morning at 5:20am. Because I wasn't able an air sac in most of them, I didn't turn on the egg turners. How long should I wait before begining to turn if I suspect detached/saddled air sacs? Also, about 50% of the Maran eggs were round with indistingishable pointed ends and without seeing the air sacs I'm not even sure if I have them right side up. Thoughts?

So my silky egg order from eBay got canceled yesterday. The lady messaged me and said because of all the broodies she only had 8 eggs and wasn’t sure how fertile they were. So she refunded my money. I felt bad for her but now I don’t have my pretty silky eggs to look forward to and this experience has made me really not want to use eBay again. I think I’m going to check in my state thread to see if Anyone has silky eggs available. The shorter they have to ship the better I guess.
Check craigslist too. I find many great hatching eggs on CL

I set my (shipped) eggs in the bator this morning at 5:20am. Because I wasn't able an air sac in most of them, I didn't turn on the egg turners. How long should I wait before begining to turn if I suspect detached/saddled air sacs? Also, about 50% of the Maran eggs were round with indistingishable pointed ends and without seeing the air sacs I'm not even sure if I have them right side up. Thoughts?
Get a higher lumen flashlight. Mine is 2000 lumens and I can see through dark eggs if I go into the dark bathroom.

I will have access to one this evening that is 3200 lumens so I'll use that tonight but do you think I should turn on the egg turners in the meantime or wait?
I would just wait. you have already been turning them and turning them for a few hours more is really not going to hurt anything. I have put eggs the wrong way and noticed on day 15, the chicks were perfectly fine.

Who was the seller? I have a seller on ebay that I have ordered silkie eggs from 4 times now. They are great! I know that the one I buy from was having chickens go broody, but they still had listings up on ebay as of last night. The one I buy from is dakurtz1 .

Back
Top Bottom