July Hatch-a-long

Okay, so I decided to stop at 30 eggs and went ahead and put them in the bator. I guess my hatch date is July 5th now. Watch these eggs all hatch and I have to find homes for 30 chicks! (Though I did verify local interest in mutt chicks before deciding to do this.)

Okay, so I decided to stop at 30 eggs and went ahead and put them in the bator. I guess my hatch date is July 5th now. Watch these eggs all hatch and I have to find homes for 30 chicks! (Though I did verify local interest in mutt chicks before deciding to do this.)

Lol!!! Mutts are good too!! Y mutts were the first I ever hatched. So far they are looking good! Out of 6 I think I have only 1 roo. Best of hatching!!

lol adictive people,,,, ( me too) we need to finish june then we get to july.

ho thats right it takes 21 days for most eggs. lol
lau.gif

next week is my hatching date and ai already have sets of eggs waiting on line, So count me in for the end of july hatching dates

Hi, I just joined today and I'm so excited, our hen is going to be a mama the first week of July. This is our first time and so far so good she's been on her eggs three days now. This is such an amazing experience for us especially my 4 year old son. We ran into a couple of minor issues but seem to have resolved them for now, like ants my poor hen had ants all over her eggs and nest. We used some DE for now and will pick up some garden and poultry dust tomorrow. I'll keep you all updated on her progress. She's laying on 7 eggs we bought her. (We don't have a rooster anymore because of my 4 yr old, they are mean) here's a pic of my mama, she's so protective of her eggs! I'm so happy for her!

Here are my babies. I am starting to think about brooder set up. Anyone have a suggestion as how to avoid a heat lamp? I was thinking about the Ecoglow brooder.

Back
Top Bottom