2 Black Cochin Bantam
1 Lavender Orp
1 Black/Lavender Split
1 BLRW
1 LO x SS
1 BLRW x Blue Wyondotte
1 BLRW x Black Wyondotte
So cute! Congrats!!
That's awesome Sclark! What a great assortment! You should post them on the "post pics of your chicks" thread. Would love to be able to watch them grow up!
I think I may do this as well. Before I started incubating I was trying to look up what a marans crossed with my chickens would look like, I'm surprised I couldn't find any! So I think I should in case anyone happens to look it up in the future.

:gig

:hugs

I give credit to Shellz, she said it's because of the highs that we keep doing what we do 

I have to agree. I sprung my first flock on my husband. He was less than thrilled, but he loves me, so he built me a coop, knowing full well that I will have many days that I won't be able to do anything, so he will have to care for my addiction.

A few months layer, he dodn't even flinch when I brought home 7 more. Months later, HE ahgreed to take in another 11 who needed rehomed.

And with the incubating... He isn't really pleased that the hens won't stop laying fertile eggs, but he stared in the incubator almost as much as I did during the hatches.
So, I think he is coming around very well.

My bator is chirping! Finally! Day 22 starts this evening, they sure are taking their time. I can't see any pips, but my thermometer is sitting on top of alot of the eggs.

Geeze, get a move on peepers!

:gig

:hugs

I give credit to Shellz, she said it's because of the highs that we keep doing what we do 

I have to agree. I sprung my first flock on my husband. He was less than thrilled, but he loves me, so he built me a coop, knowing full well that I will have many days that I won't be able to do anything, so he will have to care for my addiction.

A few months layer, he dodn't even flinch when I brought home 7 more. Months later, HE ahgreed to take in another 11 who needed rehomed.

And with the incubating... He isn't really pleased that the hens won't stop laying fertile eggs, but he stared in the incubator almost as much as I did during the hatches.

Aww you have such a good husband. (So do I!) He helped me make the incubator, and gave me one of the coolers he wasn't (or couldn't) use anymore for whatever reason. As much as he makes comments about hating chickens, he helps me out LOL I think he secretly likes chickens.

so from my eleven eggs that were moving around on lockdown day only six hatched. i do have a seventh on in that i candle and did a small opening yesturday to check. it is stink rapped but has lots of vains thick ones. so i put it in the bator its still alive but looks like its upside down cause i can see the back on the air cell. i realy dont know what to do i dont want to loose it cause i think that its from my frizzle roo. HELP!!!!. today is day 24. i havent been able to raise humidity more that 55-60 after all the chicks are out of the bator.

so from my eleven eggs that were moving around on lockdown day only six hatched.  i do have a seventh on in that i candle and did a small opening yesturday to check.  it is stink rapped but has lots of vains thick ones.  so i put it in the bator its still alive but looks like its upside down cause i can see the back on the air cell.  i realy dont know what to do i dont want to loose it cause i think that its from my frizzle roo.   HELP!!!!.  today is day 24.  i havent been able to raise humidity more that 55-60 after all the chicks are out of the bator.

You can out wet rags or sponges inside to raise the humidity.

I am on the other side of the country right now, but my SO has been looking after all the animals and keeping me up to speed. I left a first-time broody behind, and yesterday she hatched out 10 of her 12 eggs. She is one of the most dedicated broodies I have ever dealt with, to the point that I had to dunk her beak in a bowlful of water because she refused to get up to eat, drink, or poo and was visibly dehydrated. Still, all is well now and she is reportedly a very attentive mother. :)

I am on the other side of the country right now, but my SO has been looking after all the animals and keeping me up to speed. I left a first-time broody behind, and yesterday she hatched out 10 of her 12 eggs. She is one of the most dedicated broodies I have ever dealt with, to the point that I had to dunk her beak in a bowlful of water because she refused to get up to eat, drink, or poo and was visibly dehydrated. Still, all is well now and she is reportedly a very attentive mother. :) Awwwww! Very beautiful [/URL]

Back
Top Bottom