July Hatch-A-Long

These two: (the cockerel is a RIR Nelson line)

produced these two black chicks BUT.....

Now they look like this! Reminds me more of Barred Rock chicks :lol:

They were supposed to be in the eating basket... well I guess instead of eggs and sausage they will make fried chicken along with the three Kittle line RIR out in the grow up pen. Thought I gave my friend RIR eggs to hatch. Now I have these two barred looking and a wr/rir mutt to process unless someone wants them. I did get two RIR and I think both are pullets.

Got smart this time and all that are in the incubator (doing the hatching myself finally) came hot right out from under my Nelson RIR. These will be the gold of my breeding... or keepers for eggs.

These two: (the cockerel is a RIR Nelson line)

produced these two black chicks BUT.....

Now they look like this! Reminds me more of Barred Rock chicks :lol:

They were supposed to be in the eating basket... well I guess instead of eggs and sausage they will make fried chicken along with the three Kittle line RIR out in the grow up pen. Thought I gave my friend RIR eggs to hatch. Now I have these two barred looking and a wr/rir mutt to process unless someone wants them. I did get two RIR and I think both are pullets.

Got smart this time and all that are in the incubator (doing the hatching myself finally) came hot right out from under my Nelson RIR. These will be the gold of my breeding... or keepers for eggs.
what is the hen a sex link

I have 17 chicken eggs in 1 bator due to hatch July 16. A silkie broody that hatched 2 out yesterday and adopted 1 lonely little chick. I just set 17 muscovy eggs in another bator yesterday. Summer fun!

Hello all, it's been a while but I'm just over the moon about this development! I have paint and porcelain silkies I had to place together until my pens were ready then one decided to go broody. They've just started hatching and I have 5 so far but only have 3 pictured. I have a paint for sure, a black or blue and a possible lavender. Any thoughts?

Thoughts? THOUGHTS? I think they're adorable tiny little fluffballs, those are my thoughts! <3 I just wanna scoop 'em all up and nuzzle 'em forever!

Also this is unrelated, but I love your username. Is it taken from My Little Pony? :p

Yes it is. That's our farm name bc that's our last name- apple. So it fits perfectly. But we only have an acre for now. Lol.

Thoughts? THOUGHTS? I think they're adorable tiny little fluffballs, those are my thoughts! <3 I just wanna scoop 'em all up and nuzzle 'em forever!

Also this is unrelated, but I love your username. Is it taken from My Little Pony? :p

Hello all, it's been a while but I'm just over the moon about this development! I have paint and porcelain silkies I had to place together until my pens were ready then one decided to go broody. They've just started hatching and I have 5 so far but only have 3 pictured. I have a paint for sure, a black or blue and a possible lavender. Any thoughts?

So adorable! I really want a black silkie : )

How sweet!

Back
Top Bottom