JUNE 1st Hatch: Were locked and hatching!!!!!!!!!!

28902_dsc01941.jpg

Taken about 6pm yesterday. Pip's were everywhere!

28902_dsc01947.jpg

Taken today about noon. I think im up to 12 out of 14 on the sussex. Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd!!!!!! I have 2 silkie pip's!!!! Whew!!! at least i will get my money back i hope, these are suppose to be very good quality WBS. I'm surprised i got any pip's at all, they have been batted around like hockey pucks by the sussex and i have had the bator open a lot to take them out so they wouldn't do that anymore. I think you can see in the first picture that 14 was a breech pip. I had to help that little guy out cuz he was starting to shrink wrap, hes drying off in the brooder now and looks to be doing just fine....it was neat to hatch in in the palm of my hand.

Can I join? I got a hatch date of the 3rd or 4th. They were set in the evening, so we'll see. I have 18 Barred Rocks and 18 RIR. These guys are addictive! I went to the feed store to get horse feed and chick feed. What do I see?? 2wk old partridge rocks. So...they came home with me. Now, I have 10 little fuzzy butts hopping and chirping like crazy. They are cute! Can't wait 'til the others start hatching!
pop.gif

Last edited:
well im a bit sad tonight, i luckily had 2 silkies hatch "doubt the rest will..no pips" and the one huge egg i was really excited about has a deformity....a quite big one really.

28902_dsc01948.jpg

poor guy, this to me is an obvious cull...but as of now i just don't have the heart to do it. I have a few options tho i think. The first would be to wait it out and see if it shrinks, the second...lace it and see if i can drain it some how..." i touched and squeezed it a bit and it does seem like a mass and not just liquid tho" and the third option would just be to sell the little guy to someone.

Maybe i can get some silky expert's in here but to me...i think it's just a large tumor.

THAT is normal???!!!
he.gif

I was about to suggest that you do it sooner rather than later...Easier to do it before you get too attached!

Well life's little miracles never cease, do they?
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations!!!!
jumpy.gif

Am so glad you got SOME silkies, at least! Is this one gonna be called Bighead? Could we have a pic when he is dry, please?
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom