JUNE 1st Hatch: Were locked and hatching!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I am going to join this tread!!! My Turken went broody while I was out of town! She was sitting on 4 eggs and I added 6 more that had been collected the same week(from my silkie hen) So I should get some showgirls and pure silkies!! Not sure when!?I was gone 5 days so sometime the first week of June! I added the eggs on the 20th! This is my first broody and our first attempt at a hen hatching.....so far she seems to being doing what she is supposed to do. We are going to candle tonight after dark.
hide.gif

Ok, it is official. I have 11 mutt eggs and 1 bantam egg under my one broody, all developing and due June 4th. I also have 15 bantam eggs under my bantam broody, haven't candled for development but they are due June 12th. Thought yall would like to see my pancake broody!
smile.png

55434_dsc_0565.jpg

55434_img00007-20100524-1341.jpg

All 5 of my SLWs had movement when I candled them today! (day 11 or 12)
celebrate.gif
I gave them to my broody at noon on Thursday May 13th, so they're due around noon the 3rd? 21 days, right? I'm so excited!

I just moved about 100 eggs into the hatcher; day 18 here. Various breeds, including Delawares, Lavender Orps, Silkies, Jersey Giants, Olive Eggers ..... Oh, and some BCMarans.

CountryTXChicks .... nice picture. Hope you have a great hatch with your broody gal!

macmama .... Hooray on the candling!
woot.gif
Don't ya just love those broodies! No worry, no fuss way to incubate!

drmeyes236 .... Congratulations on the broody! Hope it works out well for ya!

Back
Top Bottom