June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

If you sell your syrup I'd like to buy a jar.

LOL! Sorry, no; after doing this (on a VERY small scale!) since Valentine's Day, I've made 4 pints so far - and I gave away 2 of those at church! :D
Quote: Yes; the big thing is, it has to be during a specific temperature range - below freezing at night (the sap withdraws to the roots of the tree) and above freezing during the day (the sap rises in the tree, and some ends up coming out the tap). I marked those trees a few years ago, while they still had leaves on them; makes tree identification more certain. Specific maples (rock maples, sugar maples) give more & sweeter (higher sugar content) sap. Other maples give sap, but require a little more boiling. One of mine is a red maple, aka a "swamp" maple - I tap it anyway, and it works fine.

AbbyNormal is in! I like the mention of summer stars. Are we thinking yellows and oranges? Any color scheme?

Green is not a color that I would normally choose for a quilt but I went on Friday and purchased quite a bit of green fat quarters to start my quilt. how many different materials are everyone using? are you making different looking squares or keeping the same color scheme throughout all sixteen blocks?

I haven't decided yet on exactly what I'm doing and I know there are a couple of us that get easily bored so I imagine they will be changing it up. I will probably mix it up when all is said and done.

I usually use what I have so it is a real mixture BUT this time I bought the fabric at a quilt show so all my blocks will be same.

Back
Top Bottom