June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

7 more sets to receive,
I will be out of touch this weekend as I am going to take some antiques I have to the Antiques Road Show!!!!
celebrate.gif
I was picked and have my tickets, the taping of this episode will air next year. Keep your fingers crossed that they are worth at least something
fl.gif
. Don't worry will have a neighbor get the mail for me on sat.

We are driving to Jacksonville, Fl. my DH didn't believe me when I said we won tickets, I had applied months and months earlier, I was so shocked when they came, the other show I love to watch is "The Amazing Race" and he said if we got tickets for that he would kill me, we missed the show dead line for sign ups on that one,
lau.gif
but there is always next year.

Now keep your fingers crossed about the antiques
fl.gif

I'm back and the Antiques Road Show to see in person was wonderful. The whole process from start to finish was about 2 hours. I saw Mark Walberg and by the time I got to where he was he was gone, so no autograph
barnie.gif
hit.gif
I even picked up some Florida post cards to have him autograph. Oh well maybe next time. My antiques are new antiques so when I'm a great grandmother then they will really be worth something, oh well something to leave the kids.

In Britain you get on the Antiques Road Show by just queuing with your treasures. They came to Lincoln cathedral so I went with the medals my
Great Grandfather had won at some of the early Chelsea flower shows (which is THE garden show) I didn't have the photos that went with them or a copy of the book he wrote as I had left the bag with all of those at my mothers . I just wanted to know if these medals had any value as I had been told they were not worth anything and couldn't beleive that. I got pulled out to be filmed and spent the next hour sitting in the side chapel while the presenter and producer argued wether they were going to use me, glad to say the producer won and I wasn't filmed as I didn't have the photos etc with me - all I wanted was a free valuation and yes they are worth some money!

Back
Top Bottom