June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

:thumbsup

I believe quail are much the same as chickens when it comes to humidity and temperature, but I have never hatched any so I don't have experience.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/532489/incubating-coturnix-quail-eggs

Tell me how the hatching goes!

I've done it and they're exactly the same! I even did them in with a batch of chicken eggs. Then again, I'm always stagger hatching, so they had to be done with chickens, there was no choice :lol:

Brilliant! :) Did you start the quail about a week after in order to match up lockdown periods, or how did that work?

Last edited:
Tomorrow I'll be putting some eggs in lockdown n I have the incubator without the turner turned on last night trying to regulate it's temp and humidity. It's temp is 99 and humidity now 65-68% should I reduce humidity to 50% before transferring the eggs there?

I've done it and they're exactly the same! I even did them in with a batch of chicken eggs. Then again, I'm always stagger hatching, so they had to be done with chickens, there was no choice :lol:

Brilliant! :) Did you start the quail about a week after in order to match up lockdown periods, or how did that work?

Actually they hatch at day 18, so you'd only start them 3 days later to get them to hatch at the same time :) I keep a separate hatcher though so I don't have to worry about trying to get hatch times to match up.

Actually they hatch at day 18, so you'd only start them 3 days later to get them to hatch at the same time :) I keep a separate hatcher though so I don't have to worry about trying to get hatch times to match up.

Oh my. That was dumb of me. :th For some reason I subtracted 14 from 21 instead of 18 from 21. Guess I was thinking that because day 14 is usually when you lockdown quail eggs...

Last edited:
Tomorrow I'll be putting some eggs in lockdown n I have the incubator without the turner turned on last night trying to regulate it's temp and humidity. It's temp is 99 and humidity now 65-68% should I reduce humidity to 50% before transferring the eggs there?

During the first 17 days the humidity should be around 50% and for lockdown the humidity should stay around about 70%. I am not quite sure if I get what you are asking, but I would not lower humidity levels.

Hope that answers your question.
God Bless

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom