June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
We have 5 chicken eggs due for the 19th. I aimed for Father’s Day but was off by a day or two...so far they are doing good!

we also have 2 eggs due for the 26th, only 1 is developing

we ALSO have 4 other eggs that are on day 2 today...have yet to see growth, I will be candling in 3 days...

All eggs are under a broody hen, I will move the older eggs to the incubator on day 18 for the eggs...
I have 7 under a broody buff orp due 6/19 too! Sending good hatching juju your way

Day 12 for this grumpy momma Sunny. She will not let me even peek at her eggs, so leaving everything up to her and God 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• DC8D9EF3-D5EB-4222-9B25-0FF4CACD5DD6.jpeg
    DC8D9EF3-D5EB-4222-9B25-0FF4CACD5DD6.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 0
So I need advice. My broody hen is sitting on 9 eggs, and I just candled (day 10ish) and only one of the 9 is developing. I didnt take away the other 8 though because I wasn't sure she would keep sitting on the single egg if I took the others away. But I also dont want the others to go bad and kill off the one developing egg.....I do have some ceramic eggs I could swap out. Do you think that would fool her? Or maybe I should just let nature take its course. She has gone broody three times now, both first times there were no viable eggs at all. She wants to be a momma so bad!

Back
Top Bottom