June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Awww, poor thing 🙁. Are the eggs clear or quitters? Clears shouldn’t be an issue if she sits on them for 10 more days, but I would pull out any quitters for sure. You can give her golf balls too, she will probably tuck them right in! We only had 1 of 5 hatch last summer so we got her 4 TSC chicks the next day and she immediately adopted them

I have a very large wild turkey flock (~15 birds) on my property. For the last month or so, one of the hens has been hanging out close to the house, even inside my fenced backyard with my chicken flock on occasion. This morning, I looked out the window and saw her inside the yard again, this time with more than TWENTY poults! :eek: I guess she’s decided this is a pretty safe place to raise her brood.

I have a very large wild turkey flock (~15 birds) on my property. For the last month or so, one of the hens has been hanging out close to the house, even inside my fenced backyard with my chicken flock on occasion. This morning, I looked out the window and saw her inside the yard again, this time with more than TWENTY poults! :eek: I guess she’s decided this is a pretty safe place to raise her brood.
So cool!

I’m so excited, we heard a crazy loud chicken screech and looked out and saw our broody in the run doing her egg break. I ran out with candler in hand and was able to see life in 5 out of 7 eggs! One was def clear so I pulled it out, and the other was an olive green with a very thick shell so could only see the air cell. The other 5 were wiggling on day 13. Now I feel I can leave her be to do her thing!

I was out doing the noon watering and wet down and peaked in the coop with miss broody 2. Well, 2 heads popped out from under her to look at me
IMG_20210611_124140[1].jpg

I’ve heard that serama chicks need extra tiny chick crumble, so do I need to grind it a bit in a coffee grinder or something?

Back
Top Bottom