June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Anyone know how long a broody will stay on her eggs after the first chick hatches? If I give these staggered hatchlings back, I need to make sure they aren’t spaced apart too much or a chick needing to eat is going to be stuck not eating until momma is ready to move…

Anyone know how long a broody will stay on her eggs after the first chick hatches? If I give these staggered hatchlings back, I need to make sure they aren’t spaced apart too much or a chick needing to eat is going to be stuck not eating until momma is ready to move…
It honestly depends on the duck... You can put a tray of food next to her?

I bring a bit of food and water a couple times a day to mine (and the babies) after first baby hatches for the first couple days since they seem to stay on for a couple days and I figure she needs something. After that she will go out and come back. I think after 2-3 days or once the babies can they follow her and she seems to stay in a corner in the coop to raise them instead of going back to the nest box.

I bring a bit of food and water a couple times a day to mine (and the babies) after first baby hatches for the first couple days since they seem to stay on for a couple days and I figure she needs something. After that she will go out and come back. I think after 2-3 days or once the babies can they follow her and she seems to stay in a corner in the coop to raise them instead of going back to the nest box.
Thanks, that’s helpful!

Back
Top Bottom