June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
She ain't budging :rolleyes: . I also haven't seen her get up much in general, though I do make it a point to be short and sweet as to not stress her. You know what, I'm not candling them, and I'm going to stop worrying about it. She is doing what comes natural to her, I'm sure she'll do fine (look at me being this decisive)😤

Also here are some photos of broody girl
20230601_141728.jpg

I have a dozen eggs due monday June 5th!.. 10 shipped eggs and 2 of my own! Some of the shipped eggs I really cannot see in but after the smell test last night, none stink so o think they are all good for right now! One of the darker eggs looked like the air cell might be on the wrong side of the egg bit so hard to tell for sure.. worried about that one but super excited about new blood in my flock!!! So excited to see what colors they may be 😊 EE, OE, F2 and F3 OE, BCM, WTB, orpingtons... can you say excited?? Lol
I had 3 dark eggs this time, F1 OE, I could see a darker blob growing and moving in one. The other 2 I couldn't tell but maybe had a darker spot..... So I left them. At lockdown the one I could see the spot growing and moving was all dark. The other 2 didn't look as dark after the air cells so think the are clears or quit early but since this afternoon starts day 21 I will wait but not hopeful. The one I figured was good has hatched.

She ain't budging :rolleyes: . I also haven't seen her get up much in general, though I do make it a point to be short and sweet as to not stress her. You know what, I'm not candling them, and I'm going to stop worrying about it. She is doing what comes natural to her, I'm sure she'll do fine (look at me being this decisive)😤
Mine get off once a day for maybe 30 min but sometimes less so you are probably just not seeing her get up.

I had 3 dark eggs this time, F1 OE, I could see a darker blob growing and moving in one. The other 2 I couldn't tell but maybe had a darker spot..... So I left them. At lockdown the one I could see the spot growing and moving was all dark. The other 2 didn't look as dark after the air cells so think the are clears or quit early but since this afternoon starts day 21 I will wait but not hopeful. The one I figured was good has hatched.

Sending you hatching vibes for the others!

Good luck! I am glad that one hatched for you and crossing fingers the others hatch too!:fl

Mine get off once a day for maybe 30 min but sometimes less so you are probably just not seeing her get up.

That's what I'm hoping us happening. A broody can't die from not leaving the nest, right? The only reason I'm a little stressed is because her comb is definitely paler. But that happens right? Anyhow, I threw some meat pieces in the nest and she gobbled them up, and I think I'll make it a habit ti give her some every 5 days or so, to boost her protein and energy

Ok so you know that egg I showed you that still looked whole yet a chick hatched.... So I look in there today and see an egg, almost back together but no quite, so know another hatched but there is only 1 baby in that divided section. Hmmmmm look around and notice 4 hatched in my Ameraucana section only there is still a pipped egg in there. Yup the Cochin jumped over the divider some how. Lol. That one I think is going to be a handful!!

So I am up to 3/4 Ameraucanas hatched, 6/9 splash Cochins hatched, and 1/3 OE hatched but think the other 2 are either clear or early quitters. The last Ameraucana egg is pipped, don't think the last 3 splash Cochin eggs are

Attachments

• IMG_20230601_083601677.jpg
    IMG_20230601_083601677.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230601_083607324.jpg
    IMG_20230601_083607324.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230601_083645028.jpg
    IMG_20230601_083645028.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230601_083833385.jpg
    IMG_20230601_083833385.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 4
Ok so you know that egg I showed you that still looked whole yet a chick hatched.... So I look in there today and see an egg, almost back together but no quite, so know another hatched but there is only 1 baby in that divided section. Hmmmmm look around and notice 4 hatched in my Ameraucana section only there is still a pipped egg in there. Yup the Cochin jumped over the divider some how. Lol. That one I think is going to be a handful!!

So I am up to 3/4 Ameraucanas hatched, 6/9 splash Cochins hatched, and 1/3 OE hatched but think the other 2 are either clear or early quitters. The last Ameraucana egg is pipped, don't think the last 3 splash Cochin eggs are

I love mischievous chicks. And this one's mischievous right out the egg :lau

That's what I'm hoping us happening. A broody can't die from not leaving the nest, right? The only reason I'm a little stressed is because her comb is definitely paler. But that happens right? Anyhow, I threw some meat pieces in the nest and she gobbled them up, and I think I'll make it a habit ti give her some every 5 days or so, to boost her protein and energy
I would think they wouldn't starve themselves.... But yes comb gets paler, they can look a bit droopy. This is a pic of my mama with her babies, they hatched on the 20th so she has been out of the box since around the 22nd so eating and drinking whenever and she still looks a bit run down and pale comb. Her comb will pinken up as she gets close to laying again.

Attachments

• IMG_20230530_153255457.jpg
    IMG_20230530_153255457.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom