June Hatch-A-Long! (Blue Ameraucanas for me!)

Hi everyone
A 4th egg died... but it's ok as long as these last 2 make it! These 4 weeks seem to be going so slow. They are due in 9 days. Can't wait!

I LOVE your egg colours! What breeds are they from? Especially the grey/brown ones in the front each end. I have blue and blue/green eggs from Araucana and EE crosses. And I'm about to set Black Copper Marans eggs after my French Wheaton Marans eggs last year resulted in 3 roosters!
Those are olive eggers, they are a dark kahki green in person. The only other one I remember what it is is the small blue egg is a bantam americauna. The GA group had an egg swap, so they are from several different people. I'm going to ask if people know what they are once they hatch. I really like the large speckled brown egg, so I hope that one makes it. So far there was one undeveloped and one that got a blood ring. The others are doing well. I think I'm on day 9.

I didn't know about the June hatch along but I guess I was in it too lol I just had my first button quail hatch this morning I placed 16 quail and 20 chicken eggs in the incubator about 16 days ago and first little face popped up today!
tmp_26496-20170602_0904561746332145.jpg

I have a couple chicken eggs in there that would hold all the quail eggs in them,!!! So small and cute! And yes I'm a gut but so what they are still so cute!

I didn't know about the June hatch along but I guess I was in it too lol I just had my first button quail hatch this morning I placed 16 quail and 20 chicken eggs in the incubator about 16 days ago and first little face popped up today! View attachment 1028589
I have a couple chicken eggs in there that would hold all the quail eggs in them,!!! So small and cute! And yes I'm a gut but so what they are still so cute!

Aw...it is too cute!!!!:love

I didn't know about the June hatch along but I guess I was in it too lol I just had my first button quail hatch this morning I placed 16 quail and 20 chicken eggs in the incubator about 16 days ago and first little face popped up today! View attachment 1028589

I want button quail so bad, but my husband said no. Party pooper. :p

I am a new chick mom have 8 3 week olds and just picked up 3 Guinea eggs to try and hatch? I dont have an incubator so this might be difficult we shall see. Got the container a constant 99 degrees and marked the eggs for turning wish me luck

Is it too late to join? I am setting 11 white polish, 5 chocolate/cuckoo orpingtons, 3 isbars, and 4 cream legbars tonight after I weigh them the gram scale and the sterilizing cycle ends on my incubators.

I got them from Orchard Hill in Griffin, GA. PM me if you want contact info or look for their website. Love these sweet birds!

That would be a 4 hour drive from where I live, which isn't too bad. Thank you for the infomarion, I found their webpage. :)

I got 12 Isbar eggs from a lady in Texas off of EBAY. She said they are from the GreenFire line. They are due to hatch June 8th. I have 5 that were viable on day 11...so we'll see how many make it to lockdown! I'm not having a huge amount of success with shipped eggs. Out of 11 eggs (6 Partridge Brahma & 5 Olive Eggers), one Olive Egger hatched. I also set 12 Easter Eggers with the Isbars. I ended up with 5 of them being viable as well on day 11. There were a few that I wasn't sure about so I kept them and will look at them again on lockdown day. Good luck with your hatch and I look forward to hearing how it goes and seeing pictures of your little's!

Back
Top Bottom