June Hatch-A-Long!!!

My first time I hatched, I hatched out some barnyard chicks. My hatch wasn't the greatest. Most people who sell eggs for hatching especially pure breeds get good money for their eggs.
I have looked everywhere for eggs online, I'm not sure where to go. Everything is just so expensive for unguaranteed fertilized eggs.

What is your humidity and temperature. I thought my humidity was way off for the first couple of weeks but discovered my hygrometer was off. I couldn't get the humidity down according to it. I put several more in the incubator and discovered my humidity was good and where I wanted it. I actually bought a couple of new hygrometers. I think my humidity was off in the very beginning. I had some that I marked as possible quitters but left them in the hatcher since I marked some in the past and they hatched.

My humidity wasn't off by much but my temps were 2 degrees off! I live in Louisiana where it's extremely humid so unless it gets super low I've never worried about the humidity in the past. But I always used either my Brinsea or my Sportsman. I even left the eggs in there till like day 25-26 just to make sure. My temps have been holding well so far for this hatch. Had a couple of spikes but was able to get it regulated pretty quickly. I'm just keeping my :fl for a decent hatch this time!!

I use my cabinet for incubating and my old styrofoams for hatching.
2012-03-02 05.42.49.jpg
IMG_3408.JPG

Back
Top Bottom