June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I had to do the same with my turkeys. One hen would set and the others just kept adding, and adding, and adding... I learned to mark initial eggs then remove anything that wasn't marked or I'd a get a hot mess really fast.
Though turkey moms, guineas too (I used to have them) are not good moms so I would remove anything that hatched and give it to a broody chicken hen.
I agree, guineas are not good moms! I hope I don’t end up with dead keets again, but integrating last years babies into our current flock has been ridiculous! After 9 months, I still have two different flocks forced to unhappily live together... I’ve have to temporarily pen them all up together after a recent bobcat attack, and I’m afraid one will get killed by a rival guinea!

I agree, guineas are not good moms! I hope I don’t end up with dead keets again, but integrating last years babies into our current flock has been ridiculous! After 9 months, I still have two different flocks forced to unhappily live together... I’ve have to temporarily pen them all up together after a recent bobcat attack, and I’m afraid one will get killed by a rival guinea!
I had to eventually rehome the guineas because they would terrorize my chickens.
Here I thought...yeah, I'll get guineas...I'll have good watch dogs...I'll have less ticks around...
Little did I know.🥴

I had to eventually rehome the guineas because they would terrorize my chickens.
Here I thought,,,yeah, I'll get guineas...I'll have good watch dogs...I'll have less ticks around...
Little did I know.
I heard they can be bad with chicken. My friend has one left and it’s mission is to terrorize the chickens all day

Here I thought...yeah, I'll get guineas...I'll have good watch dogs...I'll have less ticks around...
Little did I know.🥴
Yes, I started out brooding with chicks and then had to rehome most of those for being aggressive with their chicken flockmates. If you don’t raise them with chickens, then they are better with them in a free-ranging situation.

Back
Top Bottom