June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I am really excited (nervous). I have a broody and wasn’t sure what to do. I have been reading articles and threads like crazy. I want to add to my flock so figured this might be easiest way. I have let my girl sit for a week to make sure she was committed. She has been stealing eggs and only leaving for quick little breaks. She is my first broody and this is her first time. No one told her White Rocks don’t go broody. Lol. So today I picked up some fertile eggs for her from a couple of local breeders. I can’t wait!!!
248C26E1-4E52-483D-814A-E3D2187E7574.jpeg E0901B7B-402C-4C94-84CE-894B475E5674.jpeg 20069175-BF1A-486C-A040-8C3DEE93E149.jpeg 1C857C98-4BEF-4C5E-963D-E93324C3AC9C.jpeg B8699073-0C3E-49AF-9ABD-33B0FBB3A11A.jpeg

There’s no quantity requirement. I can’t wait to see your chicks
Oh yeah... I forgot. I do have a sitting hen in my new broody coop (finally). I gave her five beautiful eggs and do you think she's grateful? Ha! At least this one seems serious. She looks like a feathery pin cushion and sticks to that nest like--like a very sticky thing. I shove her out the little door into the tiny yard and she does eat and drink, but next time I look, she has disappeared again. 💕

Oh yeah... I forgot. I do have a sitting hen in my new broody coop (finally). I gave her five beautiful eggs and do you think she's grateful? Ha! At least this one seems serious. She looks like a feathery pin cushion and sticks to that nest like--like a very sticky thing. I shove her out the little door into the tiny yard and she does eat and drink, but next time I look, she has disappeared again. 💕
Mine are so grouchy. They get so mad at the turkey poults for some reason. Broodies are moody little things

I am really excited (nervous). I have a broody and wasn’t sure what to do. I have been reading articles and threads like crazy. I want to add to my flock so figured this might be easiest way. I have let my girl sit for a week to make sure she was committed. She has been stealing eggs and only leaving for quick little breaks. She is my first broody and this is her first time. No one told her White Rocks don’t go broody. Lol. So today I picked up some fertile eggs for her from a couple of local breeders. I can’t wait!!!
View attachment 2170938View attachment 2170939View attachment 2170941View attachment 2170943View attachment 2170944
That is what I am going through with my Austra White. She wasn’t told that she is supposed to be a nonbroody breed as well lol.

Mine are so grouchy. They get so mad at the turkey poults for some reason. Broodies are moody little things

Fortunately all 4 of the girls that are currently broody in my coop are all sweety pies. I won't give a broody hen chicks unless she's docile enough for me to tuck under my arm while I sort eggs under them every day. Lol

Fortunately all 4 of the girls that are currently broody in my coop are all sweety pies. I won't give a broody hen chicks unless she's docile enough for me to tuck under my arm while I sort eggs under them every day. Lol
I’d rather mine be protective. That way I know the chicks will be safe.

Back
Top Bottom