Junglefowl

Any really (your guy Doug MacNutt by chance?)
any Tragopans, palawan & rothchilds peacock pheasant, eareds, impeyans, most any of the longtails.. mikados and such would love some greater argus, but whew! They are definately prowd of them, the handful that actually have them that is.... Let me know who your guy is, I am definatly planning on them for next season, well as many as I can afford at least,
Thanks for all the help!
Aubrey

randy spicer at spicer gamebird farm look him up got all the good stuff and has lots of import birds

btw:i was just told yesterday that i cant build my aviary and so i'm not going to have any more birds for awhile,around 4 years or whenever i get enough money for some land out of the city.

Thanks for the name, sure hate to hear you cant build, that'd have to stink.
I was very fortunate to be born on and inherit this farm we have out in the country, aint nobody gone tell me I cant...
Thanks for all the info!
Aubrey

Aimee,

I am glad you are venturing out to get Green Junglefowls from your current collection. I have just seen your website and sent you an e-mail as a matter of fact. You have a great collection and a very nice webpage!
thumbsup.gif

However, as I may suggest, its better to start out with the MOST standard Junglefowls to see how they are like first and move up from there...

I am going on my 2nd year in raising Junglefowls and barely transitioning to Grey Junglefowls now. Greens are by far that hardest to come by AND to raise, let alone breeding.

Usually this is the way to go: Red --> Grey --> Green

I will get the Green Junglefowls, no doubt, and I know a very good source for them but not just yet until I am fully prepaired. Junglefowls are tricky and reasearching
caf.gif
more about them before getting them is highly recommended, especially for Grey and Greens. I have looked into the Grey Junglefowls for almost 3 months now before I made my decision on who to buy from...

I hope you are able to reach Stuart!!! I think he has a great collection and all but BOY! is he hard to get a hold of (answering machine always running) and once you do, its hard to get all your questions answered because he's always rushing to go somewhere or do something. Oh well...if its too hard to get a hold of somone and too hard to communicate, then I have to reconsider. If I can't even get the question like: "Where did this line come from exactly? What generation are they from the breeders? Are they unrelated? answered...then of course, its hard to make a "clean" purchase
barnie.gif

Anyhow, I don't want to blabber on about that since this its a bit off track. But, good luck with your search
frow.gif
and feel free to keep me informed!
thumbsup.gif

- Tommy

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice there Tommy. It is good and should be followed... However, I feel I must point out, I am a 26 year vet at keeping all these critters, so this wont be my first rodeo! LOL

I fully agree to on breeder search and communication. If they ever do me like the way you were talking about, and yes a lot of them do... then they just lost a sell.
Especially on these high end birds....
Got your e-mail, thanks and yes we'll do that with you...

Aubrey

Quote:
Aubrey,

Your welcome!
wink.png

Wow, 26 years? Nice! Now thats something to acknowledge. So since that is the case, I am pretty sure you have dealt with PLENTY of "hard-to-keep" pheasants and such so the Greens shouldn't be such a drastic transtion. But I should recommend that they need a heated enclosure...

Thanks for the e-mail and keep us posted as to where you are getting the Greens from. Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

- Tommy

We'll do Tommy,
Will probably end up getting some from Charles Hill in north Georgia next year.
Yep, I know they need heat, starter chicks and meal worms are best to get them going as chicks,hi pro diet mixed with chopped veggies and greens, all that good stuff.

Yea , over the years , I've had 110 different breeds of migratory /ornamental waterfowl, many arctic types and endangered ones. Helped work with the Bronx Zoo Wildlife Conservation Society at one point to gather up and house a full waterfowl collection while they finished construction of their aviary. Had to go threw a Board of Directors approval process for that!

Have had, oh, 25-30 types of pheasants, 10 colors/patterns of peafowl,
God only knows how many bantams, chickens and wild and domestic turkeys.
Several breeds of game quail, timber, and arctic wolves, arctic fox, ferrets, raccoons, prairie dogs, mink, etc.... Been doing this since I was 8..
By the way, really like your website!

Talk to you soon,
Aubrey

Last edited:
Aubrey,

Maybe its just me or is this world REALLY small?
barnie.gif
How in the world did we end up "planning" to get birds from the same breeder?
th.gif
Haha. Charles is a good breeder and he is easy to talk to; but hard to get a hold of on the phone as well
pop.gif
. Good thing you are there to pick out your stock (at last in a driving range). I can't see his stock myself but based off comments I got back, he's a great source even though he don't have pictures to show or anything. Not really a "computer" person..., anyhow, are we talking about the same breeder? Haha.

Lucky I got a connection with him because a friend of mine had known him for YEARS and is willing to help me out to get a pair of breeders from him. He normally don't sell breeders but rather their offsprings, but now -
fl.gif
keep praying -
fl.gif
, I could get the breeders! Heard his breeders are AWSOME (among the best ones in the states - for the Grey Junglefowls - to say the least) so I can't wait until its 100% cleared up with payments and I will have them!!!
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif

Are you planning to get just the Green's from Charles? In the future, I am planning to get a couple females from him and a male from another "great" source so there is no "interbreeding" problem. Have to do my homework right
wink.png

Thats the way to go as far as care for them and all! I will just work with the Greys for now : ) We can be "Junglefowl" pals. Anyways, I am really distracted. Need to study for my exam in 4 hours
hit.gif

Wish me luck! Haha.

- Tommy

Last edited:
Yep Tommy,
I was up there a month or so ago picking up some peafowl and firebacks.
As for his junglefowl, They are freakin awsome! You will not be disapointed, he has the red, grey , ceylon, and greens, all look tremendous.The crest on the ceylon and greens was the brightest most neon color I have ever seen in any.. Like you, my point of this tread, was to try to find another line to go with them so not to inbreed them.
Yes, he's not a computer person, actually found him due to a lady on here that handles his internet stuff for him, didnt even know they were his birds I was getting til the day I went to pick them up...
I have know of Charles for years, but had never meet him til then, couldnt be any nicer of a person, happy to talk bird all day if you wanted. He has been in it for decades, so has tons of knowledge on all his stock. The imperator green peacocks I got from him , came out of breeders he had had for 20 years already.... AND HIS PHEASANTS WILL MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER!!!

Anyway, you'll definatly be glad you got in touch with him

Aubrey

Last edited:
Aubrey,

Are we hogging this thread to ourselves or what? Oh...forgot, its yours! Haha. Just kididing. My jokes are lame just so you know.

But anyways, great! You are the 4th person that said his stock is good so I am very pleased to hear.
ya.gif
Since you know him so well...may I ask you for a favor? I am curious as to how he designed his caging for his Grey Junglefowls and how his other ones look like, etc. Since he is selling me one of the breeders, I can't have you take their pictures but if you can take a few shots of his other Grey Junglefowls and even the Greens you like, that would be super!
celebrate.gif
And of course, please ask him if its ok that you are going to share with me on the pictures too...

If that works for you, please let me know so I can call and let him know in advance when you are heading out there that I requested images from him through you. : )
I hope that doesn't cause a problem for you though
thumbsup.gif

It would be soooooo cool to see how his setup is like and all his birds. He has been such a "mysterious" yet known breeder and it would be an honor to see his flock, even not in person
wee.gif

Out of curiousity, do you have that "lady"'s post on here or contact in which I can see if she has images of his stock or further details? Since she is involved with his "internet" sales, I wonder if there is a page she for him, etc. I tried googling for him and all but no luck. Only feedbacks are from "word-of-mouth"
idunno.gif

But yeah, glad to hear such great comments, ESPECIALLY when you HAVE been there before yourself. Pretty cool!

One thing that is surprising is...you don't know about softbills.com? Its quite popular if you are into exotics. You can get a lot of "rare and expensive" things there. Haha

We'll keep in touch!

- Tommy

PS:
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
EXAM in 2.5Hrs and I am still here...GET ME OFF, PLEASE!!!
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
SHOCK ME OR SOMETHING ON MY KEYBOARD!!!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom