jury duty

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scooter147, Sep 21, 2009.

1. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Just got back from being called to jury duty. I'll be darned if I didn't get picked and to top it all off it's a puppy mill case.
    I guess the prosecuting attorney's wanted me on the jury.
    I answered all the questions favorably about being an animal lover yada yada yada. I really thought that would get me excused.
    I did say I could be fair and judge the case on it's merits on the facts and leave emotion out of it. I just hope now in the end I can truely do that.
    This is the 2nd time in two years I have been picked to be on a jury, what luck I have.

2. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    think of it as playing an exciting part in our country's judicial system. [​IMG]

3. scooter147

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Hopefully it won't last 8 days like the last jury I had to sit on.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i got two word for you....

ha haaaaa! [​IMG]

that wasn't very nice of me was it? i SHOULD apologize. [​IMG]
    but i'm not gonna.....[​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I've always wanted to get on a jury. Never get picked. I'm a little jealous.

Imp-short trial of course

6. scooter147

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    IMP
    the one I sat on I thought the same thing. It was a medical malpractice suit and it went on and on. The worse thing is they keep going over the same stuff and rehash it and word it this way and that until your ready to bang your head on the wall.
    I basically had my mind made up after the first day and nothing after that changed my mind.

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I never get picked, Mr Saddi gets called twice a year, sits there for 4 days (if they don't pick you for the first few, you come back for more the next day) and never gets picked.

8. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    I got a summons for jury duty on Friday. I will get excused as I am a full time student. I really would like to do it, but logistically, it is impossible (both with school and coordinating alternate care for the little ones I provide with daycare). Besides, I can't afford to lose 2/3 of my income for the duration of the trial.

Let us know how it goes. Once the trial is over, of course [​IMG]

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:I've heard that before.
    I just always thought it would be good to do it once. I never seem to get even close to being picked. I was kind of shocked the last time I was called into Seattle jury duty. The other people were very angry about it. I was expecting armed guards anytime. Lol. The funny thing I was among a small select group the first day that got told we didn't need to come back day 2.

Imp

10. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

I was picked twice in one year. About two months from each other. One was for the City we lived in before we moved, and the other was for Wayne County.

The City one wasn't bad, we were all there for all of two minutes. The parties settled, and we got paid in two dollar bills. [​IMG]

The second one was a nightmare. I had to go to Detroit. ( I hate going there) Then once we all got there, they shoved about one hundred of us in the small room with a couple of TV's that played Ferris Beuller's day off OVER and OVER again. ( I liked the movie when it came out, but watching the movie back to back for 6 hours was awful) Then they announced over this loud speaker....Ok, you can go home. Stop at the desk to leave your name tags. [​IMG]

Bluemoon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by