1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just a curious question...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicksinBoise, Jun 24, 2007.

1. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    Are there other Guys on this site?? I feel like I'm the only one. [​IMG]

2. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Were here we just dont cackle as much as some of the hens.

3. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    You are not alone, but we are a distinct minority here. Men tend to relate to poultry in a different manner than women.

While I don't have chickens anymore, I have high hopes of keeping them in the future.

When I was younger, we kept lots of chickens. My mom had the laying hens, and my dad raised a couple of hundred meat chickens every year.

The only time a chicken came into our house was for Sunday dinner. The only animals we named were the dogs. We never traded poultry with anyone. That would have been dangerous disease wise.

We never mixed breeds or generations of animals. Each flock had its own chicken yard. They were half and quarter acre bermuda grass chicken yards.

It was more of an economic enterprise to us; they were food, not pets.

Rufus

5. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Sterling, Ohio
    Well your not the only one here, but we are in the vast minority. In fact in another thread i believe AKBB and myself were referred to as "Stringy old Roo meat" [​IMG] Maybe the reason why their are so many "hens here could be as complex as the fact that maybe Hens are more social than us roo's, and has to do with the inter-mingling of said hens within a given flock.. or could be as simple as it pertains to "The Egg Thing"...uumm, if ya get my drift? [​IMG]

Sorry ladies, i couldn't resist [​IMG]

Forrest

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Or feel free to read the topid I started..."Have you ever wanted to kill your husband?"
    There is a lot of cackling between the men and women! [​IMG]

8. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  9. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

bird brain says
    Were here we just dont cackle as much as some of the hens.

No but the roosters sure do make a lot of racket crowing for no reason [​IMG]

(just had to add that as my roo stands around for no reason other than to listen to himself-his girls sure don't pay him any mind [​IMG]).​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by