Just a Horse

sweetshoplady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Venice, Florida
Saw this on a cattle forum I go to:

Just a Horse

From time to time, people tell me "lighten up, its just a horse" or "that's a lot of money for just a horse."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a horse," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you too, think its "just a horse," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of just a horse, I will rise early, take long walks, and look longlingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but the embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment

"Just a horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from what's bad in my life. I hope that someday they can understand that its not "just a horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman/man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a horse," just smile, because they "just" don't understand.

smile.png

I think your other favorite animals can be substituted in there, like "just a chicken."
wink.png

I love it! Thank you for posting.

I have "just a horse" and I would not trade a moment spent with that mare for anything.
smile.png

I too have "just a horse"
In jan when my beloved dog lacy died, I buried her outside the pasture under a tree she love to lay under. I had just thrown hay in the hay feeder for the horses about 1/2 acre away from where i was burying her. I guess I was sobbing kinda of loudly and all of a sudden I hear a loud nicker, I turned around and there she was at the fence rail. My sweetie. IT was like she knew what I was feeling. I have 2 other horses and she can be a big pia at times (she's three ) but she is most sensitive to my moods. Yeah, "she's just a horse"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom