Just a neighbor vent

I like the thought of giving her something to do. She will either stop coming around or she will become a useful aid.

I have a similar neighbor. Not as bad as yours, and we have a nice wooded pond between the houses that I won't let DH cut down!
wink.png
She will even come over during dinner and watch us eat!
th.gif
She won't eat with us, just watch us. She'll follow me around while I do chores, and sometimes she talks, most of the time she doesn't.
idunno.gif
I just keep doing what I am doing and if I need a hand, say, "Hey, can you hand me that?" or "Oh, I need xxx, can you grab it for me?" She comes over less often now, but I agree...be polite and put her to work. Weeding out flower beds will work wonders!
thumbsup.gif

Shelly

She should live next to me. I can be a chatterbox and overly friendly sometimes. She probably go into her house screaming after a few days with me.

Seriously, you should take it as a complement. She thinks you are interesting and wants to be like you. I would give her some chickens or something to entertain her. Personally, I would make friends with her and let her hang out with me for a while. Put her to work cleaning up, taking care of the chickens, etc.

Next time she comes over hand her a post it note explaining that you have taken a vow of silence, as it's too late to pretend you don't speak English
wink.png

I totally agree with it being annoying- but also agree that keeping nice (even if she annoys the heck out of you) is a really good idea. A 'watchful' neighbor that is friendly with you- will call the police if there is somebody creeping around your house, or the fire dept ect. She can be asked to let your chickens in/out if you have to go out of town on emergency. She will tell you if your chickens get out, or if there is a stray dog on the property. When she comes over, start asking her to help to do things (weed, move straw, gather eggs)- if she likes it, she might be actually useful for you. If she doesn't like it, she will come over less and less often as it is awkward to turn someone down when they ask directly for help. She is bored, and needs to get a life- but while she is hanging onto your every word- make her useful.

Let's see, when Samantha was annoyed by Mrs. Kravitz, what would she do? Smile sweetly and offer some hot tea.

I get all my advice from Bewitched.

I have really tried to make peace with my neighbor, to accept her for who she is. I had a chat with her and explained that I am very private and value my time when I am able to go outside and be with my chickens. I offered to help her set up her own coop but she said she is not allowed to have animals as she would become a hoarder
sad.png
I tried to explain without hurting her feelings that her constant attention to me and what I am doing outside is bothersome. She did not take it real well and said my coop is on public property. It's not, it's on my property. But I do not want to argue. I took full responsibility for being a private person and not being a very friendly neighbor.

So then this hybrid wolf escapes form the pound. Went over a 10 foot fence. And of course he likes it here. Why??? She is feeding him. AC is totally inept. He has been here for almost 2 months now. While he is rather shy, he is becoming bolder each day and more and more curious about the chickens. So far the electric fence has kept him out. But I am furious! I called Ac and suggested that since she feeds him maybe they could put a trap in her yard and put food inside. Well they put a trap on the property alright but she puts the food next to it. How is that going to trap him?? The other day I decide to let my roo out for a bit as he is kept confined so he does not harass the hens. I was doing dishes and keeping an eye on him. I had the gate open so he could go in and out of his pen. Out she comes and closes the gate. So rather than confront her in an angry manner. I asked her later if she knew who had shut my gate. I did not tell her I had seen her do it. She said she did as she thought it best not to leave it open and possibly get her wolf in trouble.

I am at my wits end. Ac is so useless, they come down here and stand around trying to get him to come to them. he is not neutered. he is not friendly. I feel like I have absolutely no rights at all. I am simply venting here. I really have no alternative but to move when my lease is up. It just frustrates me when city people move to the country. She also feeds the foxes, the coons and all the feral cats "(

Start doing some practice shooting outside. When she asks you why, just say, "There have been quite a few predators in my yard. I'm tired of wolf hybrids, coons and stray cats. The next predator that steps foot in my yard gets shot. There must be somebody around here feeding them. I wish they would stop." Then tell her bluntly to stay out of your part of the yard. You're obviously not friends. She doesn't give a hoot about your feelings or opinions, so don't be too concerned when she gets upset because you don't care about hers.

Back
Top Bottom