Just a small Floor Repair and now........ Pics Added! UPDATE

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
My Kitchen and Dining room are a disaster. We live in a Mobile Home, anyone who does and has ever had a water leak will understand.
Our water heater leaked about a year ago, we replaced it. About a month ago the floor began to bubble and we assumed the floor was doing this due to the water heater.
My Dad has replaced floors in 2 Mobile homes so they came up last week. We thought oh a couple pieces of plywood and we are done. When we pulled up the linoleum (Praise the Lord the crappy white linoleum is gone!)
it was much worse, we ended up finding out one of the lines coming in to the house was leaking, this was causing the problem. One counter is sitting in the middle of my dining room. My dogs are living in the backyard, and it is gonna take me 2 months to put everything away once it is fixed.
Did I mention my Fridge is in the Living Room and the Washer and Dryer are on the back porch, the dishwasher is in the dining room.
Once we fix the far side of the kitchen we can put down the new floor tiles and move the fridge, dishwasher and wd back then pull up linoleum in DR and replace tiles there. The counter and all cabinets will be re-face, of course now they are Mobile Home crappy, I found nice thin Birch Plywood and we will re-face everything and hubby will make new doors. I need to take pics of this mess from now until done.

Last edited:
Been there done that! I Lived in every dump in Cayuga ,Tx school dist. Bought joint compound by the 5 ga. buckets full. Had a sagging dining room, the table straddled and our feet didn't even touch the floor. all to keep my kids in a good school dist. I was a single mom. When life gives you lemons make lemonade! LOL

Aw man major home diaster!!!! We had a swamp cooler that had a slow leak in a mobile home - we had to live in a motel while the walls were ripped out and replaced. It can ALWAYS be worse....

At Least it will be much nicer when we are done. I have my Floor Tiles and paint, I am working on finding wall paper.
Of course then the LR, our BR and the Spare Bathroom will have to be done next.... LOL

Blech, wet subfloors... well, at least you'll be on the cover of Interior Design when you're done. And lemons are best with a dash of salt and a slug of that cactus juice stuff (at least if you don't have limes as well!) My kitchen took weeks to recover from the cabinet make-over (sawdust and paint fumes and where's the stupid honey gone?) so you have my empathy! Glad you found the real problem before it got to be a deal-breaker.

Here are a couple pics so you can see my Disaster

We are existing. In the meantime my wonderful mother finished wallpapering in the spare bedroom, it looks tons better!

Thisis the back door and Laundry room area

1845_p4210001.jpg

There was a Bar/Cabinet on the wall
1845_p4210002.jpg

The Bar/Cabinet is now in the middle of the dining room

1845_p4210003.jpg

Dining room Diaster from LR

1845_p4210004.jpg

I will try to update pics as it progresses

I just keep focusing on the end result! As long as I can shower, which I need to do in a bit, and can brush my teeth I can deal with the rest.
We are moving the Water Heater tomorrow which means no water at all, so I need to shower tonight and then first thing in the morning water all the chickens and horses.

Back
Top Bottom