Just amputated a chicken leg

Pics
View attachment 2845318it's looking darker and there's more spots than this morning. I'm starting to get worried again. Does it still look like bruising? Why is it suddenly bruising now? I gave the injection in the opposite side today and there's no bruising. What could be causing it?
Have you tried iodine across the stitches?

20210930_074903.jpg
I'm here to report that Pixar was part of the great chick escape this morning! I have some boards as a removable roof for the coop and I set them against the fence to clean it. Apparently they looked like a fun perch so they all started flying up onto it and Pixar was the first to fly down to the other side. Five or six others followed and my ducks were very confused with the visitors. Luckily they were able to fly back in by themselves so I didn't have to rescue them. Now I need to make the fence higher or make a top for them because they've been flying in and out all day!

Pixar is doing amazing! He's running around with the other chicks and it's becoming harder and harder to keep him in the brooder run. His incision is looking awesome and the feathers are growing back.
20211005_182229.jpg
His face is starting to get redder and his waddles are growing so I'm still leaning towards cockerel.
20211005_182233.jpg
I'm hoping he'll be able to mate with the hens when he's older. He's not very friendly but that's understandable considering I did cut his leg off😅 I think I'll graduate him to the bigger coop in about a month. I'm not sure if anyone is still watching this but I'll keep updating as he grows!

Pixar is doing amazing! He's running around with the other chicks and it's becoming harder and harder to keep him in the brooder run. His incision is looking awesome and the feathers are growing back.View attachment 2856792His face is starting to get redder and his waddles are growing so I'm still leaning towards cockerel.View attachment 2856796 I'm hoping he'll be able to mate with the hens when he's older. He's not very friendly but that's understandable considering I did cut his leg off😅 I think I'll graduate him to the bigger coop in about a month. I'm not sure if anyone is still watching this but I'll keep updating as he grows!
I'm always watching, he's got an interesting story. Such a cutie!

Yes, please continue the updates! This is such an interesting thread and I have so much hope for her. I was thinking this little one looked like a pullet in the beginning as well, but didn't want to say anything. I am excited to watch her (or him) grow, heal, and show its sex. You've done a phenomenal job! Hopefully she'll become more friendly as she gains confidence, stability and learns to trust you 😍 I love the name. It's so perfect and fits no matter the sex

Back
Top Bottom