Just amputated a chicken leg

It was definitely gangrene. The smell was indescribably horrible and the wound was full of puss. I freaked out when I saw the bruising afterwards because I didn't know bruising was also green. When comparing the bruising with the amputated leg the coloring is pretty different.
Oh yep, makes sense then. Hopefully a once in a lifetime thing but might be good to make sure you have appropriate pain meds on hand for injuries. And again, so glad she’s doing well.
(And thank you for not being offended by my questioning). Cheers!

I just read this whole thread and I AM SO IMPRESSED with you Tundra!! What a brave girl you are and what a responsible thing you did to rescue this little tuffy. I can't imagine the misery of dying from gangrene then maggots then renal failure etc. Slow and horrible death! We sometimes have to make tough decisions and work with what we have. I might keep some iodine on hand from here on out. I can't believe she's getting around so good. You saved this one's life and I for one am proud of you. 😉
I also just read the whole thread!
I am fascinated! Don't listen to the haters. You definitely did the right thing by giving that little gal a chance. She is so adorable and I look forward to hearing from you!
I know it was a tough decision, but from the looks of it, it looks like you did an incredible job. This was actually the opposite of animal cruelty. Who could even say such a thing?

Good job and good luck. Can't wait 'till she pops out her first egg! (and yes, I do believe she's a pullet!)

My niece came up to me when I was looking at this thread, and she was amazed when I told her that the chicken could walk with only one leg. I showed her the pictures, she was happy to see that the chicken was okay.
If you have a chance, could you get a video of the chicken hopping around, by request of my niece :lol:

And again, I believe you did the right thing. You have shared this experience without the fear of criticism, and I look up to you for that, though I do not know you. Knowing the quality of life you have gave this bird proves that you truly care about every life. Thank you for that. There are not many people like you. ❤️ You are truly amazing, no matter what anyone says.

My niece came up to me when I was looking at this thread, and she was amazed when I told her that the chicken could walk with only one leg. I showed her the pictures, she was happy to see that the chicken was okay.
If you have a chance, could you get a video of the chicken hopping around, by request of my niece :lol:

And again, I believe you did the right thing. You have shared this experience without the fear of criticism, and I look up to you for that, though I do not know you. Knowing the quality of life you have gave this bird proves that you truly care about every life. Thank you for that. There are not many people like you. ❤️ You are truly amazing, no matter what anyone says.
Thank you! I'll take a video tomorrow!

I'm a guy but thank you! I have some iodine now but hopefully I'll never have to use it. I strongly believe every animal should have a chance at a full and happy life. I have over 120 chickens and every one of them has a name and a story. I can't imagine the pain Pixar was in but I think I made the right decision to help.
Sorry Guy 😃 I think you made the right decision too . I'm so glad it's getting along so great! What a perfect name!

Thank you for doing this! My niece was amazed ❤️ Even I am amazed at how good of a job you did, and how well you take care of him. God bless!
Thank you for doing this! My niece was amazed ❤️ Even I am amazed at how good of a job you did, and how well you take care of him. God bless!
Awe what a cutie. I'm so glad they dont pick on him. That 1 leg is going to Big guns BIG!

Back
Top Bottom