Just brought home two babies, however...

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
I haven't raised chicks for a while now so I am a little concerned.

The Silkie and Mille fluer I just brought home from the feed store seem to just want to lay around. They haven't even touched their food and are completely uninterested in their water.

They peep a little when I come in but just keep sitting there.

I added some electrolytes to their water so I am hoping that will give them a little energy.

Is there anything else I should do? I hope the little guys are going to be ok. The Mille fluer looks like it's been through a lot...some of the feathers have been peck out and the silkie is horribly filthy.

I am glad I could get them out of there and to a good home!

I'd make sure they're not too hot, and give them some cooked egg yolks to eat... Good Luck!
smile.png

they may also need a quick energy boost....add some honey or sugar to their water, and/or give them a few drops of poly-vis-il baby vitamins IRON FREE. Whatever the case, if they're not drinking on their own you may want to dip their beaks a few times to make them get a few sips.....

I dipped their beaks in the water a few times, I also syringe fed some sugar water to the mille fluer.

One of them just had a pretty gnarly looking poop, looks like they might have worms.

What a great feed store...they need to take better care of their baby chicks!!

Back
Top Bottom