...just BUYING a chicken run?

Pics
Thank you so much! I may take you up on that! But so far thanks for sharing! Gives me something to think about! Great job!

The Tractor Supply Company in Palatka returns their pallets to the company unless they are broken.

The broken pallets are put out back of the store for the taking.

I have ended up with some 2 x 4 12.

I have used quite a bit of the wood I've gotten to build items in my coop.

I've used 10 x 10 x 6 dog kennels for my runs. They have been running a little over $300.00.

Of course, the hardware cloth is more expensive to cover the sides.

I have used the plastic with the holes in it for the top and it can be used to cover the chain link sides of the kennel till you can get the hardware cloth.

I live on a limited income and bought the hardware cloth as I could afford it.

View attachment 2968890

This is the first kennel I bought and did not use the chain link parts.

The black plastic on the door to the right of this picture is what I used on top of the runs.

I had my little chicks in this run.

I had to cover up very small holes so they could not get out.

In this picture I have 6 hens.

Each kennel comes with a gate.

Hope this helps you.

If you would like to further discuss this topic just send me a message.
Could you post a pic of the whole thing? I’m very interested in this idea!

I wanted to devise a roof for a dog kennel, but hubby picked this instead, which has a roof:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MIrvuS65L94gIVCv5kCh3EfguFEAUYASABEgLJ1_D_BwE

I added multiple extensions, too, and added hardware cloth around the bottom and "sewed" wire in the gaps between roof and side. I should switch out the wire for hardware cloth, but I ended up free ranging my flock most of the day anyway, and I lock them up at night.

I like it, but I like this one better because it is wider and has a better coating and door latch:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-universal-poultry-pen-8-ft-x-8-ft-cr0808#

I think I ended up spending around $800. I cringe when I think about it because there are cheaper options. It's def sturdy. Just wish it was wider.
Many years later… how has the Producer’s Pride CR0808 held up? Did you attach it to your coop or is it freestanding? I’m looking for something similar with bump out panels so I can attach it to the coop then shore off the ends with hardware cloth. Pic of the new home for my soon to be arriving girls.

Attachments

• B9F54DA2-EA87-4FEF-8149-9052081352CD.jpeg
    B9F54DA2-EA87-4FEF-8149-9052081352CD.jpeg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 3
Many years later… how has the Producer’s Pride CR0808 held up? Did you attach it to your coop or is it freestanding? I’m looking for something similar with bump out panels so I can attach it to the coop then shore off the ends with hardware cloth. Pic of the new home for my soon to be arriving girls.
That still looks great!!!

Ours has held up very well! We have moved twice and reconfigured it a bunch. We both lengthened and widened it. It is now about 10 x 25ish through a combination of adding panels and creating a roof with welded wire and center supports of vertical 4x4s. It's held up under a few feet of snow. We bought it without intending to move. I'm glad we got it now.

Back
Top Bottom