Just curious, how you prepared your first egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mccaff mama hen, Jan 19, 2010.

1. mccaff mama hen

mccaff mama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm just curious when you got your first egg how you cooked it? This is the first week we have gotten eggs and everyone will be home this weekend so I thought it might be fun for the family to have the first eggs together. Now I can't decide what to cook, scrambled, fried, egg salad? So please share what you did or are planning to do? [​IMG] I can't wait to hear some new ideas

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Sunny side up, aka a dunky egg

3. OutdoorFun4

OutdoorFun4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Southern Maine
    We scrambled it. It made it easier to split four ways!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I fried it and then couldn't eat it. I found the taste wayyyy too strong. [​IMG] I fed it to the dog.
    Next I scrambled a batch and that was better. Not as strong flavored as the fried.
    Now I cook them daily in many different ways and don't give the difference in flavor a second thought.

5. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    Overmedium. Yum. They even smell better when they are cooking than the store bought.

6. Cluckthorne

Cluckthorne Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Fried over easy, mmmmmmm delicious!

7. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    I'm not 100% certain because we waited until we had a dozen and then Mom took them out and laid them on the counter and got them all mixed up. So it was EITHER scrambled OR fried hard OR fried soft but I have no idea exactly which or whose plate it ended up on.

They were all delicious, regardless.

(Am I alone in having never noticed a strong taste? Maybe it's because I was familiar with farm eggs (though I hadn't had any in over 10 years prior to my own)? Maybe it's because I ate duck eggs as a kid? Maybe it's because I like to eat strong cheese and venison and stuff like that?)

8. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I fried my first egg sunny side up. I couldn't bear to boil it, as I just had to crack it open to see how it looked inside! It was delicious! [​IMG] Genie

9. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    scrambled, it was so good, I didn't notice a different flavor...

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    fried it. then ate it up [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by