Just Do it! VOTE!

OKAY Mahonri...I'm going! Yeesh!
lol.png
Ok, seriously, I'll go in a minute
tongue.png
I'm waiting on a friend, who I reminded, who is getting ready, because she has no car, and she is riding with me. SEE I am voting AND doing a good deed!
wink.png

Quote:
No, I will NOT tell you I voted because I am NOT voting this time. I cannot find a single candidate that I CAN in good conscience vote for.

Here in Alabama, the candidates seem to have entirely forgotten that there is an amendment to the US constitution specifically barring a religious test for office. Here every single candidate that I have heard has made a point to tout how they are a "Values Candidate" and one nominee for the Alabama Supreme Court even went so far as to advertise that her faith helps her determine her judgments!!! I can guarantee that if a Jewish, Buddhist, Mormon or Muslim candidate had said such a thing, the outpouring of criticism would have guaranteed their defeat. (Think of the hysteria over Shari law recently!) So there is plainly a de facto religious test in this state and I cannot vote for any candidate without that vote condoning what they are doing here!

Then there is the candidate for governor who campaigns on this state's sovereignty--which is what we fought an entire Civil War about--yet here he is shouting from the rooftops about how HE believes that state sovereignty takes precedence over the laws passed in Washington, specifically the new health care law.

I feel like I have been disenfranchised by their campaign rhetoric. The sad part is that is probably their intention. So here I sit between a rock and a hard place, unable to cast a ballot because they are ALL breaking the spirit of the constitution, if not the actual law. And frankly, their attitude scares the $hit out of me! I am starting to find myself less quick to tell people I am not a Christian, like somehow that acknowledgment is going to come back to bite me one day. And to think there was a time, years back, when all I worried about was being outed as gay!

Rusty

Last edited:
Rusty be glad you are not in California LOL

I voted, sent in the mail ballot thing on Saturday. I was lucky because in my English class we went over all the Props and kinda tore them apart and put them in "lamans terms" so I had a clearer idea of what I was voting for. It's really hard to understand the propsitions as they are written! I feel bad for those who do not have english as a fluent language
sad.png
sad.png

But I did vote!
big_smile.png

Quote:
No, I will NOT tell you I voted because I am NOT voting this time. I cannot find a single candidate that I CAN in good conscience vote for.

Here in Alabama, the candidates seem to have entirely forgotten that there is an amendment to the US constitution specifically barring a religious test for office. Here every single candidate that I have heard has made a point to tout how they are a "Values Candidate" and one nominee for the Alabama Supreme Court even went so far as to advertise that her faith helps her determine her judgments!!! I can guarantee that if a Jewish, Buddhist, Mormon or Muslim candidate had said such a thing, the outpouring of criticism would have guaranteed their defeat. (Think of the hysteria over Shari law recently!) So there is plainly a de facto religious test in this state and I cannot vote for any candidate without that vote condoning what they are doing here!

Then there is the candidate for governor who campaigns on this state's sovereignty--which is what we fought an entire Civil War about--yet here he is shouting from the rooftops about how HE believes that state sovereignty takes precedence over the laws passed in Washington, specifically the new health care law.

I feel like I have been disenfranchised by their campaign rhetoric. The sad part is that is probably their intention. So here I sit between a rock and a hard place, unable to cast a ballot because they are ALL breaking the spirit of the constitution, if not the actual law. And frankly, their attitude scares the $hit out of me! I am starting to find myself less quick to tell people I am not a Christian, like somehow that acknowledgment is going to come back to bite me one day. And to think there was a time, years back, when all I worried about was being outed as gay!

Rusty

An alternative is to go in and vote all write-ins; even yourself.

speaking of writing yourself in! I was going to write Micky Mouse for California gov. lol
big_smile.png
the commercials make me not want to vote for anybody except Micky! Or maybe my chicken Joon.. She would make a great govener, kinda like hitler lol (sarcasm about great btw Joon is a dang near heartless lead hen) hehe

I got paid like... 2 bucks for Jury Duty LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
ep.gif
I would expect someone as opinionated(no offense intended
wink.png
) as you to VOICE that opinion! I'm kinda shocked! You seriously NEVER vote? WOW...that is truly weird girl!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom