Just got a bio-security questionair in the mail

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LoneCowboy, Feb 21, 2009.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I got a letter for a CSU Grad. student working on a project. They are trying to map the comings and goings of chickens and bio-security measures.

Not sure I should comply, I'm a bio-security nightmare. I let kids look at my chickens. They've never seen a chicken. I've let them hold a baby chick. My customers want to see that they are well cared for before they buy my eggs.

I sell baby chicks 100 at a time, meat chickens, eggs. They want the zip codes of everybody who's purchased a chicken from me. Zip codes of everybody I've purchased hatching eggs from. Document deaths, illness etc.

I can't answer all those questions, mostly because I haven't a clue but then I worry what they are going to do with the info. Probably start a regulation process. AUGH!! [​IMG] What do you all think?

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Send it back and write:

Me no speak English.

I'd call and see what the goal of the research is before answering any questions. I got research thingies all the time a year ago, and I got sick of them.

(edited to clarify that I'm kidding!)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    If it's just a grad student project you don't have to comply. You feel it's an invasion of privacy just don't fill it out.

4. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    dony reply...

6. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Dont fill it out. It's none of there bussiness who you sold eggs and birds to. Or who you've bought from

7. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Throw it away!

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    agreed dont give that kind of information away unless you had to.

9. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    If you are not requiared by law to answer it, then just through it in trash, and if they call back say I don't know what you talking about.

10. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    D, there's a few people here in CO that recvd them. Some in the Springs and one up NE. We were wondering how they got all your info to send out these letters in the first place. Hmmm...

C

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by