Just got a new duck! :D *GOT ANOTHER ONE! PAGE THREE FOR PICTURES!*

Quote:
You might be happy to know we are considering a Muscovy for her girlfriend
smile.png
It seems like a lot of people suggest they are very friendly. We are not in it for the eggs. Would this be a good breed to go with her? Same breeder we got her from. He has quite a few different breeds of ducks. She was an uh-oh duck. He gave her to us for free because she wasn't pure. Pshh. I don't really care! She's pretty!
tongue.png

Any idea why she won't swim in the pool we set up for her? Is it too cold?

Maybe too cold, mine have acsess to theirs too and aren't using it. silly things. Muscovy would be wonderful, of course I am bias, but you'll love one, They come in so many different colors and are so cute wagging their tails and following you around, try putting some peas in the bath water that may spark her attention, and can she get into the pool without problems? I made a ramp for mine[ well my dh did]
smile.png
but just remember ducks and chuickens are addicting so you'll not be able to stop at 2..
tongue.png
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Oh god! LOL Next thing we will have is Geese, I just know it
roll.png

I will try the peas. She enjoyed them when I offered some to her yesterday
smile.png
She looked very happy eating those peas lol.

Quote:
Maybe too cold, mine have acsess to theirs too and aren't using it. silly things. Muscovy would be wonderful, of course I am bias, but you'll love one, They come in so many different colors and are so cute wagging their tails and following you around, try putting some peas in the bath water that may spark her attention, and can she get into the pool without problems? I made a ramp for mine[ well my dh did]
smile.png
but just remember ducks and chuickens are addicting so you'll not be able to stop at 2..
tongue.png
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Oh god! LOL Next thing we will have is Geese, I just know it
roll.png

I will try the peas. She enjoyed them when I offered some to her yesterday
smile.png
She looked very happy eating those peas lol.

Yep Geese are addicting too, I only have 1 but would have more in a minute if i had the room.

I love geese i cant seem to find any to buy in my area or any eggs atm though but id love to have a few again there great once you have some you will wonder why you didnt before.

Maybe your duck is afraid of the pool. I started with a dog water bowl that they loved but soon outgrew then I switched to a kiddie pool. Mine were afraid of it until they discovered it was filled with water. I had to put some bricks on the outside and inside so they could climb in and out and not drown. Several times I put cut grass in the pool and they loved it. And Mill Lydia is right ducks are addicting I started with three muscovys and now I have five.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You should really go to a show or swap! They have so many different things to chose from
smile.png

I don't have a big enough property to add any geese now lol. That's what I keep telling myself.

Quote:
Okay, I will try putting some bricks around the pool. The pool is actually a very large round planter. It's big enough for her to get in, but not too big that it would take forever to fill
tongue.png

My Runners don't care for the water like my Mallards. The Pekins raised with Mallards swim every day with the Mallards. The Pekins raised with the Runners are less likely to swim. (I just have baby pools.)

I just got her a muscovy friend today!
big_smile.png
She's so cute!!!

Here's Ruth flapping her wings
love.gif

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

We named her Macy
wee.gif

She's skittish, but she WILL love me.
woot.gif

He said she was around 2 months old. The mother brooded them under the porch. It was a surprise hatching
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom