Just got back from a visit to the ER

Yikes! Makes me nervous when Georgie sits on my shoulder, so I always try to never face her. It's hard when she purrs though...

Guess you'll be a pirate for Halloween?

Rooster-Red,
Hope your eye heals okay.You are a sweet man,alot of folks I know would have knocked the hen into next week.As a matter of fact,some folks do it because their chickens won't go into their coop at night...

i feel for ya man !! my buff did ALMOST the same thing to me the other day,, luckily , she only got my eye lid,, now she can only sit on my lap,,lol,, man she had a good grip ,, hope all goes well ! and try stopping keeping such a "close eye on her"
wink.png

Hope you get better soon, rooster-red. The good news is that the eye heals very quickly (altho it may not seem like it).

I think about getting pecked in the eye every time I get close to my chickens, but you can never be too careful.

Hey, take a pic and post it. It'll serve as a warning to us.

Dang, good thing you went to the ER, you don't want that to turn into an infection. You're a good chicken owner for not flinging or striking the bird, she was just doing what chooks do. How did you manage getting back to the house? I would have been tearing up so bad stumbling and tripping over things.

I am so sorry to hear about your eye. Last night our rooster was trying to initiate one of the new ladies. My son saw that she was not a willing participant and picked him up. Choco-latte, the rooster, got a hold of my son's nose. Pinched his poor nostril in his beak. I think it hurt my son's feelings more that it hurt his body. Left a nice red mark though. We had to explain that Choco-latte was just doing what roosters do and the boy got in his way. Can't be mad. I felt bad, but it was really funny.

Wow, ouch! That sounds like it was terribly painful. I'm glad nothing worse happened.

You know what's cool, though? You didn't blame the bird for it. It bothers me when people are too quick to blame animals for behaviors that come to them naturally.

I hope your recovery is quick, Rooster Red!
smile.png

OUCH!!!!! I never let my birds sit on my shoulders, why because I lost the sight in my left eye 42 years because I was hit deliberately in the face with a branch of a tree! So my other eye is very precious and I dont take chances. Dont think its a good idea for any of us to put our eyesight at risk, no matter how much we love of "girlies" So if your going to let them please please wear safety glasses. Even know all these years later I still bump into things on my left side....be careful all of you....xxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom