Just got back from the Ohio Nationals!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by drmeyes236, Nov 13, 2010.

1. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    With 5 new ducks in tow! A trio of welsh Harlequins and a pair of Pekins......I was looking for a pair of Mandarins but hey I am soooooo happy with what I got!

2. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    That is exciting... we are waiting for some pictures.

3. hvl25

hvl25 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Ohio
    Congratulations! I went to the show today too but didn't buy anything. There were some beautiful Welsh Harlequins there though!

5. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

congrats... is ther a show in Iowa in Nov..???

6. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    I brought back 5 from Ohio too!! A pair of grey calls and a trio of white calls. Lovin them!! Already in the plans to get another pair of whites in Shawnee in December.

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats on the new ducks! [​IMG]

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any birds at Ohio. Well, that apparently only applied to chickens, 'cause I came back with two new pairs of Calls. [​IMG] One I bought on purpose, one I won in the youth group raffle outside the show hall. Woops. I'd been looking for some nice Butterscotch, and I just couldn't pass them up. And I figured I wouldn't win the raffle, but at the end of the day I got lucky & a pair of blue fawn pied Calls came home with me, too. Now to get to building a couple more duck runs!

I saw some beautiful mandarins for sale, and for a great price--but they were hard to see. Sorry you missed them! They probably went quick at the price they were going for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by