Just Got First Egg!!

I've been looking for a First Egg post from you.
smile.png

Congratulations! She deserves raisins!

She is a wonderful girl and has turned SO affectionate! I am very proud of her and hope next time she makes it to the nest box LOL this first time took her by surprise! She loves raisins, and figs and our fig tree is overflowing so she went to bed a happy camper
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Is it normal for them not to dive into the oyster shell? Her egg shell was plenty hard (fell onto gravel from a standing position and no cracks), and I put the oyster shell out for her but she didn't seem too interested yet. If she needs it, she will eat it, right?
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh my goodness! This looks just like the girl I've been waiting on, only she isn't a brahma..no feathers on feet, but the face the coloring. Every one keeps telling me what a beautiful bird she is. The lacing is pretty. I am pretty sure she is a barn yard mix. Pretty though, slow also!
Congrats!! How funny that must have been to see, and probably a bit scared when she went after it! That's a nice sized egg for a a first.
thumbsup.gif

woohoo!
celebrate.gif
That's how I felt when i found my first egg ( which was yesterday )!!
yippiechickie.gif
Althought my egg was tiny and it was white
woot.gif

Awesome! I'm very happy for you. That is a pretty big egg for a first go. All our chickens lay slightly different eggs (all brown of course). Some are wider than others and one has a pinkish color to it. I can recognize them if they're side by side. That egg about as big as some of my girls who have been laying for weeks! What a good chicken
smile.png
. I gave away my first dozen last week due to egg overload.... I'm starting to get behind in on the eating front again... and am thinking about looking for a good flan recipe
lol.png
Once they all start laying they can really pile up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom